Home

Need help getting better in a SIM league I'm in

This is a discussion on Need help getting better in a SIM league I'm in within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need help getting better in a SIM league I'm in

So I play in a no switch SIM league all Madden and I am very new to online play and I'm getting beat up. I'm playing as the chiefs. I throw way too many picks and get so behind in the game. Some of the picks I throw are from me being dumb but others are ridiculous feats by the defense..Flying in out of nowhere, ridiculous jumps, having eyes in the back of their head, stuff like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help getting better in a SIM league I'm in

Offensively you are just going to have to learn, probably the hard way, how to avoid throwing around user defenders. Most of the good players in madden are very good at usering a defender (either a LB or S) to take away pass lanes and often turn them into INTs.

For now try throwing more outside routes, or use route concepts that force the MLB (most often user) to pick a receiver. Plays that have a drag and an in, or two ins from the same side typically work well to harass a user MLB who will follow the first threat. (Look for a Levels concept play).
Old 01-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Need help getting better in a SIM league I'm in

If you don't mix things up you're gonna get hurt in those leagues. Gotta make sure you run the ball, and I would also suggest sticking with simple reads initially like curl-flat combos, drive concepts, meshes, etc. one defender reads and then build from that. Guys in those leagues because of the rules in place really force you to learn the game differently. Play sound football. Concede those 3rd and longs sometimes. Punt, play defense. Go back through the tutorials too, there is stuff in there you've forgotten about

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »