Home

Madden Passing is Hopelessly, Hilariously Broken

This is a discussion on Madden Passing is Hopelessly, Hilariously Broken within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #65
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Passing is HOPELESSLY, HILARIOUSLY Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
I have never seen as many dropped balls in any iteration of Madden as I'm seeing with this version. The game is virtually unplayable in its current condition and needs to be patched. Anyone else having the same issue?
Do you even watch NFL games bro? There are A LOT of drops in real NFL games. Even the great WRs like Dez Bryant drops passes to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
I agree with this totally, i dont think the game is broken, just forcing you to make better reads and not throw into coverage like before
It's wide-open receivers, and it's in Ultimate Team challenges where this is happening. Am I gonna have to slide everything up to 100 for me and 0 for the AI to get any kind of forward progress?
Old 08-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #67

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
It's wide-open receivers, and it's in Ultimate Team challenges where this is happening. Am I gonna have to slide everything up to 100 for me and 0 for the AI to get any kind of forward progress?
Here's a video with every drop from ONE game including many that were "wide open". I don't think you understand how common it actually is:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...s-dropped-pass
Old 08-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden Passing is Hopelessly, Hilariously Broken

Love it! Close thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I have never seen as many dropped balls in any iteration of Madden as I'm seeing with this version. The game is virtually unplayable in its current condition and needs to be patched. Anyone else having the same issue?
Maybe it's me but I've actually had to lower catching because it's generating way too many unrealistic attempts at one handed grabs in traffic

I like the catch slider in the 40 range to stop my wr's from literally catching everything LOL

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
The defensive run game is the most broken feature of this game. Players do not cover their lanes properly (despite this being a focal point on defense this year) and defenders do not plug up holes. They instead just allow themselves to be blocked.

But that's a realism aspect. Something that people clearly no longer care about despite wanting to call Madden a "sim".
I think they do their job right but on default settings don't shed blocks well enough, particularly human AI defenders. You should check out joshc sliders , you will get more fluidity.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #71

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Love it! Close thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would say there is a discussion to be had with how drops happen in Madden but the focus in this thread is a little misguided and to say it's "broken" is completely misguided.

In real life, WR's rarely just sit in a spot and wait, generally they are moving towards the qb to get into a better spot. In Madden if their route is over (such as a curl) they just sit in a spot and wait regardless of the coverage.

Another big thing that Madden can't replicate is the spiral of the throw.

I picked a video with Manning specifically for this reason, a lot of those drops were because the spiral wasn't at all a tight spiral which makes it more difficult to catch. Manning's throws in Madden are always a tight spiral making it more frustrating (specifically for the competitive crowd) to see a drop.

More than anything I think this conversation should be a sidebar of the accuracy conversation. Throws are generally right on the money making seeing the drops more frustrating but to get accurate accuracy percentages it feels necessary.

(And by right on the money I more or less mean the accurate throws are always right at the receivers hands and not maybe a little high or a little low)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I would say there is a discussion to be had with how drops happen in Madden but the focus in this thread is a little misguided and to say it's "broken" is completely misguided.

In real life, WR's rarely just sit in a spot and wait, generally they are moving towards the qb to get into a better spot. In Madden if their route is over (such as a curl) they just sit in a spot and wait regardless of the coverage.

Another big thing that Madden can't replicate is the spiral of the throw.

I picked a video with Manning specifically for this reason, a lot of those drops were because the spiral wasn't at all a tight spiral which makes it more difficult to catch. Manning's throws in Madden are always a tight spiral making it more frustrating (specifically for the competitive crowd) to see a drop.

More than anything I think this conversation should be a sidebar of the accuracy conversation. Throws are generally right on the money making seeing the drops more frustrating but to get accurate accuracy percentages it feels necessary.

(And by right on the money I more or less mean the accurate throws are always right at the receivers hands and not maybe a little high or a little low)
Well said sir

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »