Home

Hits and Misses of Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Hits and Misses of Franchise mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #9
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Hits and Misses of Franchise mode

The hits are similar to what people have posted, I do have a couple of misses though..

Seeing development trait for other teams players/draft picks. Completely ruins the game because it's on the main page when you click on their name.

Relocation - I'd like to have had more options with uniforms, badges & stadiums.

Staff - Coordinators, they had it in a previous Madden. They also have the ability to call only one side of the ball too, being able to be a coordinator in a CFM first and then get the head coaching job would add more depth and longevity too.
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 08-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Besides some things already mentioned the biggest thing is there isn't any mention of things going on outside of your cfm game or really inside. Besides some overlays that disappear in a second. I was in a tight playoff race and there wasn't even a mention of it. It just felt like a play now game with some season stats thrown in. Week 17 was essentially the start of my playoffs and it didn't feel like it at all. I only knew from going to the standings screen and looking from there.

Also, I hate how the league news is just tucked away. I was hoping that would be fixed or replaced. But that isn't too bad.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by njmcfreak; 08-28-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

No matter what for it doesn't let me use my active rosters for franchise. I load the rosters and choose use active rosters and it never works. In play now my rosters work however. That's frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah, would like to be able to pick my opponent's uniforms - I played Green Bay in the Super Bowl my first season and they wore their ugly alternate/throwback jerseys with the yellow helmet and stripes and it was ridiculous.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #13
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Hits

Play The Moment - Or more so just the Super Sim improvements. I tried Play The Moment in a test CFM for the four preseason games and it looked like something that would work well for that. I would never legitimately use it for anything else but I'm glad to see that a lot of people are enjoying it because hopefully with the emphasis on getting through seasons quicker it will mean they're forced to put more emphasis on other aspects of CFM in desperate need of attention like the offseason.

Commentary - I feel like this is the first year they've really built commentary around CFM which is exactly what they should be doing. It only took about 15-20 Play Now games for it to get ridculously repetitive but the more they talk about keeping up with your CFM, which from a limited sample size, the better it's going to be.

Score Ticker - Looks great and adds a wonderful touch to CFM.

GamePlanning - This will be under both. I like the premise but it could have been so much better. It's a good building block and anything that takes the XP gain more away from arbitrary goals I'm a fan of.

Misses

UI - So terrible and clunky at every turn. Everything is just over-sized, slow and just annoying to use in general. Made a trade in CFM and instead of listing the trade in the transaction log, it lists every part of the trade one-by-one. Instead of having player stats and everything built into the player card itself like with ratings and such, you click it and it has to load another screen. The only way to see how many players are on your roster is to go to the trade screen. It's just terrible all around.

Trade Logic - Just take a look at the trade thread. Hopped into a CFM the first day and traded a 1st Round Pick and two backups for Aaron Rodgers which pretty much confirmed that I would never make trades in a real CFM.

Realism - Goals, boosts, etc. Way too much based around their RPG vision for my taste.

Freedom - Play their way or the highway. Not nearly enough options to tailor certain aspects for a better experience. CFM just feels very restrictive by nature. Can't change opponents uniforms without a workaround. Can't give a CPU team a custom playbook without a workaround. Way too many instances of stuff like that.

GamePlanning - This kind of goes with the last one. Would have liked to see more options. Not a fan of having to play each drill before I can sim it. Tedious, boring and keeps me from playing games. Would have liked to see an option to sim for a random medal instead of always getting bronze even if it came with the penalty of getting no boosts during the week or something. Also, the arbitrary boosts were a bad idea IMO.

Replayability - Gameplay will be the only thing that keeps me playing multiple seasons. Outside of that there isn't anything that keeps me coming back other than the fact that I only want to play franchise.
These are all great.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #14
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Yeah, would like to be able to pick my opponent's uniforms - I played Green Bay in the Super Bowl my first season and they wore their ugly alternate/throwback jerseys with the yellow helmet and stripes and it was ridiculous.
As someone said earlier. A big miss is that we still need to have control of all 32 teams in order to do anything like that, which is a colossal pain.

I would just like to see them use the old method of franchise and give us the control we once had in CFM with playing any game we want, or changing the other teams jerseys.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
Pro

I actually think the game planning is a HUGE hit. For once you have some control over who gains experience (so you don't have players who gain like 0 experience all year) and I like the in game boost. It's not overpowered, and it encourages you to use what you practiced.

I think practice squad is a hit too.

I still think there should be a scores option on the main page. I mean, you sim the super bowl and you get to the next week, and there's nothing on screen that even tells you who won, without going to the news page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Nailed most of my hits already so I've just got a few misses that haven't been addressed...
Legacy board. There's only 4 players available. This has been dwindling for years. Would like to have seen all hall of gamers on the legacy scoreboard. At the berry least last year's hof fame inductees.

Rookie equipment is still messed up. Almost every new rookie has one wristband. Some rookie heads don't match their picture. You have to edit them immediately back out for the correct one to pop up.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »