Home

M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy

This is a discussion on M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor7787
Thank you. That helps a lot. Never noticed that defense is more important than offense
It's not that it's more important, it's that people have more control over how their players perform on O than on D. So most folks like putting an O together that has a lot of high upside guys, with a D littered with disruptive studs.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 14

Just a few thoughts to add, as someone who loves Fantasy Drafts, and spends way too much time figuring out the ins and outs of it.

-The positions that go the fastest: QB, CB, WR, OLB/DE (pass rusher), and FS. So think really hard about what you want to be good at, because it's tough to draft good players at all those positions. Honestly, I recommend going for a cornerback - having a really good one is helpful, and if you want a good and young CB, gotta be by Round 2. Free safeties are taken way before strong safeties, you can get a good one in Round 9-10.

-As last year, offensive line is easy to sit on (save left tackle). You can get really good offensive linemen rounds 11-18, and an ok left tackle.

-If you're looking for a good wideout, I'd actually get one in round three. If you're drafting earlier, you can get Allen Robinson or Mike Evans, and later in round 3 you can grab Sammy Watkins. I've also been waiting until round 18 and grabbing DGB or Josh Gordon.

-Just a thought on development trait - I had a draft where I wanted nothing but young studs, and as many Superstar traits as I could get. And with some of those players, it made a huge difference. With others...eh. Example: I drafted Jalen Ramsey (pre-existing injuries turned off) to have a superstar dev CB. But he got just burned during the year, barely accrued any XP, and actually went down to Quick in the second season because he only got 1 INT the whole season.

Moral of the story? Development is great, but you want to balance with ratings too - development isn't guaranteed, and if you do well with a player, their dev can actually increase this year. So from now on, I'm going to focus more on current ratings (and age - age is huge) than their potential.

As for me, I love drafting for a strong defense, always feel I can improve offense. Hope these tips help.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 08-29-2016, 06:56 PM   #19
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
It's really all about how you want to build your team. My personal style is to take a mediocre quarterback and surround them with a supporting cast that they could only dream off. This usually nets me a great offense and a decent-to-good defense. For example, this is my team in my All Pro 6 man online CFM that I'm in with some friends. (This is already 8 weeks in so some players have been improved)
I'm doing one with friends next week and I like your approach. I'm also going with a stud O line. Going to solidify the defense. I can find some serviceable offense players in the draft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
I drafted a pretty balanced team by using the following link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ck-to-returner

I went QB, ROLB, LT, CB, WR as it says. I think my first deviation from this came around 12 as I took another DE instead, but for the most part I followed this.

My WR were the weakest part along with LB, but overall I liked the team.

By memory I ended up with:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin, Arian Foster (both injured in 1st two games, LOL), Knile Davis (I'm the Browns so I have extra picks and traded my 2nd rouner for Melvin Gordon to fill in)
WR: Jordy Nelson, Devante Adams, Andre Johnson, Breshard Perriman
TE: Ladarius Green, Michael Rivera

My O-Line is strong at tackle and I have Alex Mack at centre while my guards are serviceable.

On D:

ROLB: Tamba Hali
LOLB: Trent Cole
CB: Pacman Jones, Cromartie

I also have a good FS, though most of me D escpaes me right now.
I think I'm gonna try this, this is a fun little template. If only someone could do 26-53.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #21
Rookie

Razor7787's Arena

It`s kind a hard for me to get a decent team in M17. There is not really a steal possible in the late Rounds. Good players are gone in the first 2-3 Rounds.

If I go for D, I have the fear of getting crushed by the Opponent D with weak wideouts, or weak Offense in particular.

Last edited by Razor7787; 08-29-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 10:17 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

I did a fantasy draft with two teams. This is my Green Bay Packers. 1st over all pick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0844.jpg (368.0 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0845.jpg (363.0 KB, 217 views)
Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

And this is my Kansas City Chiefs. 20th overall pick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0847.jpg (392.1 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0848.jpg (371.2 KB, 216 views)
Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #24
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

==I think it is more fun to play without knowing the information below, but here it is:==

If you're drafting with CPUs, they have a very distinct drafting strategy that you can game to get a better team than you otherwise would be able to if you didn't know what they were doing.

CPUs wait several rounds before drafting RBs and DTs. So you can get Bell (or at least Johnson/AP/Gurley), McDonald, McCoy, Suh, etc. in the 4th round or later, allowing you to get a top 1 player at multiple position groups, depending on where your draft draft pick is. Of course in the real NFL, drafting a RB this late would be good strategy, but in Madden, I'd argue RBs are much more valuable than they are in RL.

Similarly, guards and centers are drafted late, even later than RBs and DTs. So you can pick up more top tier talent, maybe in the 7th round or so.

Unsurprisingly, QBs are drafted first, even mediocre ones, so unless you have a top 5-10 pick and want to draft a QB with your first pick, you should wait a while to draft a QB. The difference between using your 2nd pick on a mid tier QB and waiting several rounds and getting a low tier QB (you'll probably draft a replacement in the subsequent rookie drafts either way) and using your early picks on something else will make a big difference in how much overall talent your team has.

WRs also get drafted early, so actually I think OP's strategy of drafting WRs early is pretty good. Top tier WRs in madden definitely play better than 80s WRs, so if you can beat the CPU to the punch, you can secure some top talent at a position that is very important in madden.

You can get decent CB, LB and DEs in the 2nd-3rd rounds if you want to go defensive since the CPUs are focused on QB and WR. If you want to go for offense, Gronk doesnt go off the board until late in the 1st round, and I think the other elite TEs should be available well into the 2nd as well.

Again, i wish I didn't know all of this so I could have a draft without exploiting the CPU, but it's been like this at least since madden 15 and I can't unlearn it, so might as well pass it on to folks who want to know

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »