Home

M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy

This is a discussion on M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #25
Rookie

Razor7787's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 CFM Fantasy Draft strategy

I started a new draft. Unfortunatly the EA Connection got lost and i stopped at round 9. have to Continue this afternoon.

Picks were (in no specific order)
OBJ
Clinton-Dix
Bosa
Yanda
Pouncy
Iupati
Fitzgerald
Ebron
Buckner (ss dev trait, somekind of lateround steal)
Bowman
Lacy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #26
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I'm doing one with friends next week and I like your approach. I'm also going with a stud O line. Going to solidify the defense. I can find some serviceable offense players in the draft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It's worked pretty well for me. For this team I drafted Green and Jeffery in the first two rounds. In past years it was always Julio Jones and Green. I would actually make my friends mad in '16 because it was pretty much always an automatic catch for Jones and Green if they were left in 1-on-1 coverage because I could just throw a high bullet to them and they'd come down with it.

I then got Bell in the 3rd, went O-line in rounds 4-8 (waited on Conklin because I knew I could get him later) then switched between offensive and defensive players for the rest of the draft, taking whoever was best for the positions I still needed to fill.

I usually don't draft my quarterback until the rest of my team's starting lineup is set. You can get guys like Cook and Prescott, who are in the lower 70s, pretty late in the draft. In past years I would always try to draft a QB after year 1, but I'm probably going to stick with Cook this year. With a supporting cast like the ones I give them, it's pretty easy to develop QBs quickly.

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 08-30-2016, 02:53 AM   #27
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

So had a 32 user CFM draft on Friday. Approaches were fairly mixed, WRs/CBs and the elite talents went early. I myself went defense on my first 10 picks. IMO I control the offense significantly more than the defense where I need the AI to be at it's best. The defense I drafted was mostly front 7 guys first (4-3 I'll user a safety) and making sure I was fast at CB.

EDIT: I had the 23rd overall pick, and took Barr. Followed by Wilkerson in round 2. I made a trade after the draft sending MLB Deion Jones, CB Trae Waynes, ROLB Eli Harold and DT David Parry for ROLB Vic Beasley Jr. and CB Brandon Williams ... this was mostly so I could move Barr out from the DE position to a better suited OLB position. (Jones was originally going to start there)

So my front 7 is unsurprisingly really good.
Barr - David - Thompson
Beasley Jr. - Wilkerson - Edwards Jr. - Cowney

With Brandon Williams, and Will Jackson III (both 93 spd rookie CBs, so I won't have to fight for CBs in the upcoming drafts). Darquez Dennard fell nicely later to pick up a solid nickel CB. Andre Hal is one of the most underrated safeties who has 91 spd and 81 mcv, elite for the position. Then I got Terrance Brooks to user.

=======

The downside to this is my offense is dependent on me making plays, it is fast, and the design of the playbook lets me spread the field to use this speed (think Baylor type offense). Again youth is my friend, though I will probably spend most of the first draft on OL/QB.

How it ended up looking in game:

Last edited by Kentaurus; 08-30-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #28
Creator of Madden Fantasy

jbirdwell34's Arena

I built a website to help me and the community draft better. MaddenFantasy It has player finder that can be used for anything to narrow down just the right player. There is a war room which is where it suggests who goes around your pick each round. There is a watch list so you won't miss or forget about a player.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #29
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I have the 27th pick in my fantasy draft that starts Friday. So I can forget about Mack, Miller, PP, Donald ect. I'm likely going to be left with a choice between Ramsey, Clowney, Shazier, Taylor, Mariota, Slay, and Barr. All though it'll be a pipedream if Barr and Slay are still available at 27. Most likely will decide between Clowney, Ramsey, and Shazier. Since I have the 6th pick in the 2nd, I have some flexibility, might just take the guy I feel is most likely to get picked between my two picks. I'm hoping someone elite falls to me though. I may go offense then D or vice versa, especially if someone like Hopkins or ODB slip through the cracks. And if Gurley slides I may go against everything I believe in and take him, knowing I have an early 2nd.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #30
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
So had a 32 user CFM draft on Friday. Approaches were fairly mixed, WRs/CBs and the elite talents went early. I myself went defense on my first 10 picks. IMO I control the offense significantly more than the defense where I need the AI to be at it's best. The defense I drafted was mostly front 7 guys first (4-3 I'll user a safety) and making sure I was fast at CB.

EDIT: I had the 23rd overall pick, and took Barr. Followed by Wilkerson in round 2. I made a trade after the draft sending MLB Deion Jones, CB Trae Waynes, ROLB Eli Harold and DT David Parry for ROLB Vic Beasley Jr. and CB Brandon Williams ... this was mostly so I could move Barr out from the DE position to a better suited OLB position. (Jones was originally going to start there)

So my front 7 is unsurprisingly really good.
Barr - David - Thompson
Beasley Jr. - Wilkerson - Edwards Jr. - Cowney

With Brandon Williams, and Will Jackson III (both 93 spd rookie CBs, so I won't have to fight for CBs in the upcoming drafts). Darquez Dennard fell nicely later to pick up a solid nickel CB. Andre Hal is one of the most underrated safeties who has 91 spd and 81 mcv, elite for the position. Then I got Terrance Brooks to user.

=======

The downside to this is my offense is dependent on me making plays, it is fast, and the design of the playbook lets me spread the field to use this speed (think Baylor type offense). Again youth is my friend, though I will probably spend most of the first draft on OL/QB.

How it ended up looking in game:

You're going to have a bad time with Hal playing SS he has like 30 tackle, I'd start Shamarko at SS and user Brooks or Hal at FS.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I have the 27th pick in my fantasy draft that starts Friday. So I can forget about Mack, Miller, PP, Donald ect. I'm likely going to be left with a choice between Ramsey, Clowney, Shazier, Taylor, Mariota, Slay, and Barr. All though it'll be a pipedream if Barr and Slay are still available at 27. Most likely will decide between Clowney, Ramsey, and Shazier. Since I have the 6th pick in the 2nd, I have some flexibility, might just take the guy I feel is most likely to get picked between my two picks. I'm hoping someone elite falls to me though. I may go offense then D or vice versa, especially if someone like Hopkins or ODB slip through the cracks. And if Gurley slides I may go against everything I believe in and take him, knowing I have an early 2nd.
Donald has a chance of being there when you pick. Shazier is a favorite of mine too due to his speed but he lasts until rd 8 so don't reach too early. I think the Barr/Slay duo is very possible. They each go in that 25-40 range. Same with Ramsey so if you miss Slay you could grab Ransey in rd 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #32
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
You're going to have a bad time with Hal playing SS he has like 30 tackle, I'd start Shamarko at SS and user Brooks or Hal at FS.
Eh, I'm one of the people that completely ignores tackle rating, IMO it is the least valuable rating in the game (below even Awareness). Give me his ability to take a TE 1v1 on a regular basis and I'm happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »