Home

Sack Totals Too Low Later In Franchise Mode (Solved)

This is a discussion on Sack Totals Too Low Later In Franchise Mode (Solved) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Sack Totals Too Low Later In Franchise Mode (Solved)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-sliders.html

tdawg3782, rich8682, and I have been doing some serious simming over on the thread for tdawgs XP sliders (which I would highly recommend). tdawg was able to make for realistic amount of high rated players down the road in franchise mode with his XP sliders (10 year sims to test it out) but I found that there was an issue with sim stats. Mainly, the sack totals were way too low. Often the league leader would have something like 10 or 12 sacks, even 99 OVR J.J Watt clones. Very unrealistic. After more testing we found that it happened even with the default sliders and when I lowered the OL XP slider to 0 and DL to 300 and still didn't see high enough sack totals I knew there must be something else causing it. After several more 10+ year sims tdawg has found it - ALL the decent QBs who come from the draft (70+ OVR guys who have a chance to start) have 'Ideal' for their Sense Pressure trait. Not sure if this is a bug or a strange design choice, but it makes it so they take minimal sacks. When we set the trait to 'Oblivious' for all the QBs instead, the sack numbers were back to being realistic, if not a little too high. Giving all the starting QBs Oblivious and the elite rated QBs Average or keeping them at Ideal is probably the best solution to this.

The reason I'm sharing this here and not posting in the bugs sticky is because this is huge for people who want realistic franchises, myself included. Personally I simply could not get invested in one knowing some sim stat anomaly such as this existed without a fix. I've spent the last few days doing hours and hours of sims to fix this before I start my own franchise. So I'm hoping it gets more attention here and helps out those franchise guys like me. And thankyou to tdawg3782 and rich8682 for helping with the sims.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sack Totals Too Low Later In Franchise Mode (Solved)

Thank you guys for doing this. I've been following that thread and I know how hard you guys have been working to test this.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

Aye you the man BleedGreen. I would've never thought of the pressure trait. Now we gotta either get Rex and them to fix it, or find a fix ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 10:17 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Aye you the man BleedGreen. I would've never thought of the pressure trait. Now we gotta either get Rex and them to fix it, or find a fix ourselves.
yeah, but at least we can edit the players ourselves this year instead of waiting desperately for a fix! it only takes about 5 minutes to edit all the starting QBs at the start of each season fortunately.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #5
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
yeah, but at least we can edit the players ourselves this year instead of waiting desperately for a fix! it only takes about 5 minutes to edit all the starting QBs at the start of each season fortunately.
I'm definitely gonna do that. Can you come up with a formula? Or should I just do what I feel like doing?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Should we edit all of them or just keep half of them with this sack trait? I love real simulation stats so this is a biggie for me.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patssox2004
Should we edit all of them or just keep half of them with this sack trait? I love real simulation stats so this is a biggie for me.
I would give Ideal to the elite starting QBs, Average to the good ones, and Oblivious to the bad ones. thats probably the best and most realistic way to do it. unless you want to do a dice roll or something like that (thanks rich8682 for the idea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
I'm definitely gonna do that. Can you come up with a formula? Or should I just do what I feel like doing?
I don't really have a formula for it, but as long as you make it so the starting QBs sense pressure trait is balanced around the league you will get the more realistic stats. see my above reply

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-29-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #8
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patssox2004
I'm thinking a dice roll? Or you can pick and choose

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »