Home

Pre-existing injuries, anyone has a workaround?

This is a discussion on Pre-existing injuries, anyone has a workaround? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 02:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Angry Pre-existing injuries, anyone has a workaround?

So, I felt like I was ready to start my CFM since the EA team has mentioned so far the fixes won't require a re-start BUT.... Pre-existing injuries are broken..... again!

Basically, there's a lot of players, mostly those lost for the season in real life, that have injury length set at 0 weeks (Michael Williams, TE for New England and Haloki Kikaha, OLB for the Saints come to mind) so when you start your CFM they are injured you can place them on IR. However, when next season comes along, they are still injured with 0 weeks left.

In the end, dudes with pre-existing injuries are basically retired.
Any workaround to this other than using 32 team control and managing the depth chart? This would be a pain in the a** because you'd also have to manage regression for the "injured" since they'll be playing no games but still be active.

Besides, you have less roster spots available when doing this. Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 04:47 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-existing injuries, anyone has a workaround?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
So, I felt like I was ready to start my CFM since the EA team has mentioned so far the fixes won't require a re-start BUT.... Pre-existing injuries are broken..... again!

Basically, there's a lot of players, mostly those lost for the season in real life, that have injury length set at 0 weeks (Michael Williams, TE for New England and Haloki Kikaha, OLB for the Saints come to mind) so when you start your CFM they are injured you can place them on IR. However, when next season comes along, they are still injured with 0 weeks left.

In the end, dudes with pre-existing injuries are basically retired.
Any workaround to this other than using 32 team control and managing the depth chart? This would be a pain in the a** because you'd also have to manage regression for the "injured" since they'll be playing no games but still be active.

Besides, you have less roster spots available when doing this. Any help?

Yes I noticed this with the Saints players also, it doesn't happen every time so you have to keep restarting your CFM until all players that are injured register at least 1 week injury and that when simming a week, the weeks go down. I had Coby Fleener break his Achilles in the postseason last year and the weeks never went down (he still got signed to massive contracts in the offseason) and never played on the field again.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:04 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Yes I noticed this with the Saints players also, it doesn't happen every time so you have to keep restarting your CFM until all players that are injured register at least 1 week injury and that when simming a week, the weeks go down. I had Coby Fleener break his Achilles in the postseason last year and the weeks never went down (he still got signed to massive contracts in the offseason) and never played on the field again.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of the fact that re-starting might help make pre-existing injuries work, weird! Will try it later tonight :-)

So you are saying this bug also happens with injuries that happen while CFM is underway?

btw... Awesome job with your CFM tips thread!
Old 08-30-2016, 07:46 AM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of the fact that re-starting might help make pre-existing injuries work, weird! Will try it later tonight :-)

So you are saying this bug also happens with injuries that happen while CFM is underway?

btw... Awesome job with your CFM tips thread!
Thanks very much! Just have a lot of info rattling around the noggin!

Aye, I just started CFM a couple of times to see what happened with the injuries and noticed sometimes they were listed as 0weeks and locked in.

Yes, in M16, it could (although rarely) happen in Season too. I found having a season ending injury while advancing from Wee17 to Wild Card week did it most in my CFM. There is nothing you can do in online CFM for this but always save before advancing offline so you always have a backup to resort to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »