Home

CPU Dumps the Ball off to quick?

This is a discussion on CPU Dumps the Ball off to quick? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU Dumps the Ball off to quick?

I just played a franchise game on default sliders, all-pro. The opponents QB was Chase Daniel (fantasy draft), and it seemed that he dumped the ball off after about a second and a half. Has anyone else been noticing the cpu dumping the ball off rather quickly? Or is it only me imagining this?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Dumps the Ball off to quick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
I just played a franchise game on default sliders, all-pro. The opponents QB was Chase Daniel (fantasy draft), and it seemed that he dumped the ball off after about a second and a half. Has anyone else been noticing the cpu dumping the ball off rather quickly? Or is it only me imagining this?
Agreed. Right now it's basically my only issue with the game out of the box. This is what forces nano blitzes for guys even against the cpu. Sacks are almost impossible to come by honestly. I don't want to get sacks using punt block defenses and nickel defenses with eighteen pre-snap adjustments... but I'm starting to consider it!

The things that is happening here is you CAN get pressure but it doesn't matter... because what guys want is not pressure - they want sacks.

1.) The trait for whether QBs throw the balll away doesn't seem to actually work b/c they all throw the ball away.

2.) The sense pressure trait may work a little... but not much. I haven't noticed a difference in game but some have with sim stats apparently.

3.) The slider for pass protection doesn't work b/c the programming at its core detects the rush and the next thing that happens is the qb throws it away. So the pass protection sliders results in more incomplete passes and not sacks.

4.) Nano blitz detection is kicking in even when you win a line battle honestly. Especially for defensive tackles.

5.) QBs are tougher in the pocket this iteration and are slipping tackles nicely to make plays - which I would appreciate if I wasn't so frustrated that actually getting a hold of a QB was so rare.

6.) Often when you sack the QB and force a fumble you don't get credit for the sack... or a tackle... or a forced fumble!

7.) Some actual sacks are tracking as tackles for loss when the QB is 'switched' from a pass mode to a run mode when he is scrambling.

So yeah. I totally agree. ha!

I'd love to figure out how to get the QB to hold on to the ball a little longer. Will the pass coverage slider overcome the quick throw AI? I'm even experimenting with the penalty slider b/c apparently they impact gameplay.

What I'd really like is for the sliders to just work as expected. If you have an "oblivious" QB sitting in the pocket with 'zero' pass protection you stand a pretty good chance of getting a sack.

Last edited by mcavner; 08-30-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been hearing nano blitz on madden for countless years. Can someone explain to me what nano blitz means?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I've been hearing nano blitz on madden for countless years. Can someone explain to me what nano blitz means?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEz8ou-7_us

He talks a little about the nano blitz in general at the beginning. You can fall into quite the nano blitz blackhole on youtube - hundreds of videos.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm hopeful I've fixed this issue by changing every QB's trait in the league away from Paranoid/Trigger Happy/Ideal pocket presence as they seem to make it impossible to user sack. If you want my roster I uploaded it on PS4 named Pocket psn is "Theseos_43"

I only had time to play one preseason game against the Patriots with this new roster but I had two user sacks so I think it definitely helped. I'm wondering though if even QB's who are "oblivious" to pass rush throw the ball away quickly as well. I noticed that Brady responded well (held on to the ball and didn't throw it away quickly) but Garrapolo did and he has the "oblivious" trait.

Last edited by Theseos; 08-30-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

All madden.
15 minutes. 12 seconds run off.
All visual aids off.
Normal game speed.

Players sliders
Qb acc - 45
Pass bloc -45
Wr catch- 45
Run block - 40
Fumbles - 50
Pass defense reaction time - 100
Interceptions -50
Pass coverage- 100
Tackling- 55

Cpu
Qb acc - 45
Pass block- 40
Wr catch - 45
Run block- 40
Fumbles- 55
Pass defense reaction - 95
Interceptions - 45
Pass coverage 95
Tackling 50

Fg accuracy at 55. All else 50
All penalties 50 and on.

Injuries and fatigue 50.

Threshold is a 95. That's not a typo 95.

House rules: No switch. I also play as sim as I can. To achieve this. I make my own playbook and star rate everything how I see fit. Once that's done I use quick play call and I only use the play that is suggested under strategy. This is optional. But it makes the game more immersive for me.

I've played 10 games with these and every single one of them was hyper realistic as far as stats. Players who dominate, dominating. And fun. Give these a try for even just a single game and I'll think you'll be please.

I warn you though. This is highly challenging. And should not be taken lightly. If you don't play a real football strategy you will get torched. Example: you will not consistently stop the run in the dime. Or is you play 4 3 against a spread set prepare for a rac storm.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »