Home

All-Madden AI QB's too OP?

This is a discussion on All-Madden AI QB's too OP? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: All-Madden AI QB's too OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryhardjuice
Its not that. I put probably 15+ days in to CFM last year and i had zero problem getting picks.

Trust me, put in a day of just cfm, play every game and you will see.

BTW i have been using charter's sliders. Idk if anyone has had problems with picks in his set but i am enjoying everything else about them!

Well charter's sliders has qb acc lower than default. I'm not saying that with sliders you can't get realistic play. What I'm saying is at default there is almost no noticeable difference between good and bad qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #10
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm having a similar issue and I think it's a combination of a few things that together create the some of the problems.

The QB AI is way too accurate. I've destroyed the QB Accuracy slider and it does work to a certain extent but from my experience it causes CPU QB's to become dump off machines so instead of getting more natural inaccuracies I just get a ton of five yard passes ending up 20 rows deep in the stands and even with the slider down that low, everything still seems either perfect or way off.

One of the biggest culprits I think is pressure or lack there of. The easiest way to force inaccurate passes in Madden is with pressure without necessarily having to get sacks. With 17 I'm getting plenty of sacks but not a lot of pressure if that makes sense. Most of the sacks I get are from the QB holding on to the ball way too long and not wanting to throw into any kind of coverage. The QB will also either check down or throw the ball away way too quickly which doesn't help.

Another issue I'm having is that coverage on All Madden is still pretty awful on the user side. Watching how the CPU plays and how my players play and react on D is night and day. Some of that is to be expected with All Madden but I'd also expect that if I jacked the coverage and reaction slider that I'd start to see some improvement in that area but it doesn't really happen. This is probably the biggest issue because from my experience my players are never in a position to make plays or trigger WR/DB interactions which makes it harder to force incompletions or interceptions.

One other thing that I've noticed too is the warping. There have been quite a few times where I'll see them throw a pass and think "hey, an inaccurate pass" only to watch the receiver do that patented flash to the ball. If they completely eliminated that, inaccurate passes would be amazing.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm having a similar issue and I think it's a combination of a few things that together create the some of the problems.

The QB AI is way too accurate. I've destroyed the QB Accuracy slider and it does work to a certain extent but from my experience it causes CPU QB's to become dump off machines so instead of getting more natural inaccuracies I just get a ton of five yard passes ending up 20 rows deep in the stands and even with the slider down that low, everything still seems either perfect or way off.

One of the biggest culprits I think is pressure or lack there of. The easiest way to force inaccurate passes in Madden is with pressure without necessarily having to get sacks. With 17 I'm getting plenty of sacks but not a lot of pressure if that makes sense. Most of the sacks I get are from the QB holding on to the ball way too long and not wanting to throw into any kind of coverage. The QB will also either check down or throw the ball away way too quickly which doesn't help.

Another issue I'm having is that coverage on All Madden is still pretty awful on the user side. Watching how the CPU plays and how my players play and react on D is night and day. Some of that is to be expected with All Madden but I'd also expect that if I jacked the coverage and reaction slider that I'd start to see some improvement in that area but it doesn't really happen. This is probably the biggest issue because from my experience my players are never in a position to make plays or trigger WR/DB interactions which makes it harder to force incompletions or interceptions.

One other thing that I've noticed too is the warping. There have been quite a few times where I'll see them throw a pass and think "hey, an inaccurate pass" only to watch the receiver do that patented flash to the ball. If they completely eliminated that, inaccurate passes would be amazing.

A good way to test this would be to lower the CPU pass block to like 5 or lower. Then lower user coverage to like 5 or less. Just to see if the CPU QB would try and pass even under pressure if coverage was loss enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing7
lack of opportunities to pick the ball are ridiculous. I've played 4 games and have 2 picks
That's not good or anything but hardly "ridiculous"; 7 teams had 9 or fewer INTs last season (0.56 per game). The Ravens only had 6. In 2014 three teams only had 6. How often do you think you should be getting INTs? The very best teams don't even sniff 2 per game (1.5 or so generally leads the league).
Old 08-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like others, I've opted to nuking the CPU throw accuracy. For a little while I had it at 0 and finally started getting some picks, unfortunately that also led to CPU completion percentages around 30%.

I've raised it to 10, but haven't tested it yet. One thing I've considered doing is adjusting the traits of each QB I face to make them 'oblivious' to pass rush, have force pass on 'balanced' (there used to be an aggressive in past years, but now it's balanced, ideal, or conservative), and throw ball away set to 'no'. Also haven't tried that yet though.

I also might significantly raise CPU WR catching in order to help the CPU get more completions. To be honest, I'm interested in getting balanced results/stats but I don't really care how it happens. If the only incompletions the CPU gets is from wildly inaccurate throws that are occasionally intercepted at realistic rates but they still complete enough passes (because their receivers catch everything they touch) then I'm happy. Realistic completion % and realistic INT numbers, that's what I'm after. I don't really mind if receivers have unrealistically good hands if that's what it takes to make the rest of it realistic.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Rookie

tryhardjuice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

This is a good point i tried to make you may have worded it a bit better. The defense definitely does not go both ways. Idk if its just human error that we dont get to see (obviously) what all-madden qb's get to see, but my zone gets shredded. I played a 78 ovr rookie qb just two hours ago who went 19/21 with 280 2 td's 0 int.

Also, its not that i expect to lead the league in INT's but i have a damn good secondary that just gets torn apart like i got a bunch of high schoolers out there.

Like you said, Pass blocking is either too good or the pressure is right away. No middle ground. I cant tell you how many times ive seen 5 seconds of pressure and somebody comes back off a deep route that has clearly broken down my soft *** zone coverage.

Im just hoping this gets fixed soon. I think its a serious problem. Yes i want a challenge but yes i want some realism on my defense. I dont see qb's EVER throwing for under 200 yards against me or us having a shut down game on D. The run game is pretty balanced imo, ill have shut down games, average games, or get destroyed by a good back or someone having a good day. Good players should be good and thats what i was expecting this year and its just the story of pass blocking and exceptional qb play...
Old 08-30-2016, 09:20 PM   #15
Rookie

tryhardjuice's Arena

Also noted, on charters sliders both human/cpu qb accuracy are set to 15 and i definitely miss passes but i do not see the cpu missing a whole lot. I havent messed around with lowering it yet but i might. I have also jacked up interception slider for the last game and it obviously didnt do a anything. Its just upsetting how many of my passes get knocked down and theirs dont

I cant think of anything to stop the throwing away so much because from what ive read even with turning down these traits, its not seeming to do much. Has to be in the game itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 12:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
That's not good or anything but hardly "ridiculous"; 7 teams had 9 or fewer INTs last season (0.56 per game). The Ravens only had 6. In 2014 three teams only had 6. How often do you think you should be getting INTs? The very best teams don't even sniff 2 per game (1.5 or so generally leads the league).
I stated my 2 picks were in a user v user game that accounted for human error. I have another franchise going and I average about 1 pick per 4 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »