Home

Favorite Playbooks

This is a discussion on Favorite Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Favorite Playbooks

Pretty straight forward, what is your favorite playbook and why?

Offense- Atlanta- I like their mix of formations with a FB and their movement of their #1 WR in formations to get him mismatched on lesser corners. I also enjoy using their zone running attack in this game.

Defense- Bills- it was the only playbook I could find that had both 34 formations and a 4-4 when I need to pack the box. Maybe a little too dense but once you get a feel for everything there are a lot of tools in the bag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Favorite Playbooks

I've only played with Chicago's so far. Which offensively I'm liking. Nice variety of formations between double tight, single back and a ton of gun. I like it because I can show some ground and pound sets and then spread the defense and air it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Offense - Saints. I'm a saints fan, and the playbook feels like it plays close to the saints offense. You can find a good pass play or two out of each formation, which makes mixing your play calling up more enjoyable.

Defense - Seattle or Minnesota. Both are good 4-3 books, again, with usable plays in each formation. Obviously, I like to mix things up when I play.

Side note, I did try the new Eagles playbook last night. It felt a little dull, and lacked variety. I like playbooks with a lot of usable routes, and not just crossing routes and slants in different formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
MVP

I am really enjoying the pats defense now that we can formation sub and get good fronts for 34 and 43 defenses.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Depending on how my team is set up

Offense

Run first team: Pittsburgh. A decent balance of run and pass formations. There is some nasty play actions out of there also.
Pass first: NE. Those designed motion plays are perfect for defenses that try to press all game

Defense
3-4: Chiefs. I just love love love the dime sub package there. With a run support SS in the box, it's a versatile formation.
4-3: LA Rams: Nothing to special about it. I mainly like the Dollar formation and Nickle 4 ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #6
Banned

numberFour4ever's Arena

Offense: Patriots.. TE is my weapon of choice. Love the TE sets they utilize.

Defense: Seahawks.. Enjoying the improved zone coverages. I like that I can finally run the cover 2, 3, 4 and allow them to work as they should.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Pretty straight forward, what is your favorite playbook and why?

Offense- Atlanta- I like their mix of formations with a FB and their movement of their #1 WR in formations to get him mismatched on lesser corners. I also enjoy using their zone running attack in this game.

Defense- Bills- it was the only playbook I could find that had both 34 formations and a 4-4 when I need to pack the box. Maybe a little too dense but once you get a feel for everything there are a lot of tools in the bag.
I believe Ravens, Browns, Jets, Cardinals, Steelers, 49ers, and Titans have the 4-4 Split in their 3-4 playbook...

Raiders use 3-4, 4-3, and the 4-4 Split.

https://maddendaily.com/madden-17-playbooks/
Old 09-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #8
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I believe Ravens, Browns, Jets, Cardinals, Steelers, 49ers, and Titans have the 4-4 Split in their 3-4 playbook...

Raiders use 3-4, 4-3, and the 4-4 Split.

https://maddendaily.com/madden-17-playbooks/
Hmm. You could very well be right. It was a combination of 34 formations maybe I was looking at to go along with a 44, but I'll check those out tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »