Home

Is safety coverage just busted?

This is a discussion on Is safety coverage just busted? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is safety coverage just busted?

I'm not a particularly good Madden player, but with a decent slider set I prefer playing on All-Madden than any other difficulty level. With that in mind, the AI is dominating me in the air in this year's game because my safety coverage is consistently terrible. This has happened with multiple teams and multiple slider sets, and basically amounts to the safeties dropping back as far as 10 yards in coverage, leaving receivers wide open in front of them.

Here's an example from a few minutes ago.

I usually only ever play with the defensive line on defence, but because of my struggles against the pass I've started using cornerbacks and safeties in an attempt to stop this deluge of easy, wide open completions. In that screenshot I'm playing a cover 2 and am in control of the opposite safety. I'm tight to their deepest receiver and everything's fine, but my teammate is more than 10 yards back and STILL backing up, leading to a wide open completion and a 1st down.

I've tried making them play underneath coverage but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there anything I can actually do to try and stop this happening all the time, or is this an issue that needs to be patched?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #2
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Re: Is safety coverage just busted?

Try my sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=887969

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

i have seen some sketchy safety play.....one thing is that they dont seem to shadow deep crossing routes as well as i'd like.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo
I'm not a particularly good Madden player, but with a decent slider set I prefer playing on All-Madden than any other difficulty level. With that in mind, the AI is dominating me in the air in this year's game because my safety coverage is consistently terrible. This has happened with multiple teams and multiple slider sets, and basically amounts to the safeties dropping back as far as 10 yards in coverage, leaving receivers wide open in front of them.

Here's an example from a few minutes ago.

I usually only ever play with the defensive line on defence, but because of my struggles against the pass I've started using cornerbacks and safeties in an attempt to stop this deluge of easy, wide open completions. In that screenshot I'm playing a cover 2 and am in control of the opposite safety. I'm tight to their deepest receiver and everything's fine, but my teammate is more than 10 yards back and STILL backing up, leading to a wide open completion and a 1st down.

I've tried making them play underneath coverage but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there anything I can actually do to try and stop this happening all the time, or is this an issue that needs to be patched?
Is the corner not carrying Hopkins to the safety? Because the safety is doing his job in cover 2,assuming the LOS isn't at the 10 or something.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcorner
Is the corner not carrying Hopkins to the safety? Because the safety is doing his job in cover 2,assuming the LOS isn't at the 10 or something.
The LOS was around the 10, and the corner was covering another receiver running a quick out route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Chaz4155's Arena

I have noticed that as well, my DBs are my best assets in my CFM and they get torched all the time especially my safeties and I have no idea why they go too deep in their zone/coverage (sounds dumb but if I had proof it wouldn't) and take themselves out of the play because of that.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #7
Banned

safeties:

penalty = undiscipllined

play ball in air = aggressive

on all-madden and custom defensive pb's

sliders as well

hope that helps
Old 09-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #8
Banned

Use your covarage adjustments. I have having no issue with my S play. I study who I am playing and make adjustments

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »