Home

Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available - Patch Notes Included (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available - Patch Notes Included (PS4, Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #73
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now - Here Are The Details (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Wow, they released a second patch? First being the day one release patch. And there is talk of another larger patch? Impressive. When did they start working on this 9/2 patch?
This was being worked on during the EA Access trial. The larger patch is being worked on currently with a larger number of gameplay fixes. This is more of an 'emergency' turnaround with issues that could be fixed in a shorter timeline.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now - Here Are The Details (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
Yes, it says 52 hours. I'm sure it will speed up, but it took 40 hours to download the game. I have the best internet I can get, dsl 1mg download speed. Thank you Verizon. I love seeing their 100mg download speed commercials for $10 more a month.

Where do you live?....
Old 09-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #75
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Damn. Was hoping to see:

-fix for not being able to change your playbook in CFM in Owner Mode
-fix for the freezing in CFM (when saving, loading, coming in and out of menus in My Coach, and sometimes when exiting a game)
-fix for some of the numerous weird gameplay bugs (particularly the whole "not being able to press any buttons and being forced to take a delay of game" one)
-reduction of the number of coach shots between plays in CFM (it's literally after like 95% of the plays)
-fix for offensive players winning DPOY, and vice-versa
-add ability to turn off rumble on the Xbone

Otherwise, no complaints.

Last edited by Landonio; 09-02-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #76
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 17: Patch Version 1.03 is now available for PS4/XB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
It's much too easy to complete deep balls for touchdowns on out routes.

I can get at least 3 TDs a game on deep balls if I tried. There's a few threads that got buried here discussing it.

I have to eliminate deep routes from my playbook, it sucks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That seems significantly different in CFM games. Definitely had that issue on Play Now games.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 12:33 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 17: Patch Version 1.03 is now available for PS4/XB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=888340

Here is one of the threads. I also started a thread myself. On all pro try it out yourself.

Run any play with a deep out route.. easy completion past the CB. It's like they get stuck in mud and any receiver can just blow right by.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Maybe this sounds like nitpicking, but that is not a deep ball. In game it is considered a medium pass. Deep passes are those where the ball travels 45 yards in the air. The distinction is important if you want them to fine tune it.

The reason the deep out is easy is twofold:
1. The timing is far easier in game than in real life, primarily because of our view.

2. All medium passes seemingly have the same difficulty. In Madden throwing a open crossing route or post route is just as hard as throwing the deep out.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #78
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
If you use a custom defensive playbook for the CPU, that exploit is eliminated.
This cannot be stated enough. Poor play-calling has been a huge under the radar issue that has plagued this game for years and the complaints never gain any traction.

There are literally hundreds of plays in every playbook and less than 20 are even used. On the defensive side of the ball it's an even bigger joke. I challenge anyone to make a custom CPU defensive play book and prioritize the plays properly and then see what kind of game you get.

This doesn't require a patch unless they FINALLY allow us to assign custom play books to CPU opponents without having to jump through hoops.....or at a minimum have a freaking intern go in and adjust the star levels of the plays and for the love of.......get rid of the majority of the Four Verticle calls! It's stupid! It's just hilarious that people complain about the one armed catches being OP. Maybe....maybe not, but when the CPU and USER are constantly calling this play it's going to create an idea that it is. Want to see how ridiculous it is...go into any teams offensive playbook, look at 3rd and 4th and long situations as well as 2 minute drill....how many times is four verticles in there? Also, why are PA passes often being called on 3rd and long? What DC is going to fall for a PA pass on 3rd and 8 or more?

Simple fix that makes game play light years better and more challenging than it is now..

Last edited by therizing02; 09-02-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #79
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
This was being worked on during the EA Access trial. The larger patch is being worked on currently with a larger number of gameplay fixes. This is more of an 'emergency' turnaround with issues that could be fixed in a shorter timeline.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
So if a patch is purely gameplay fixes, it'll apply to an offline cfm that I started before it came out, right?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This cannot be stated enough. Poor play-calling has been a huge under the radar issue that has plagued this game for years and the complaints never gain any traction.

There are literally hundreds of plays in every playbook and less than 20 are even used. On the defensive side of the ball it's an even bigger joke. I challenge anyone to make a custom CPU defensive play book and prioritize the plays properly and then see what kind of game you get.

This doesn't require a patch unless they FINALLY allow us to assign custom play books to CPU opponents without having to jump through hoops.....or at a minimum have a freaking intern go in and adjust the star levels of the plays and for the love of.......get rid of the majority of the Four Verticle calls! It's stupid! It's just hilarious that people complain about the one armed catches being OP. Maybe....maybe not, but when the CPU and USER are constantly calling this play it's going to create an idea that it is. Want to see how ridiculous it is...go into any teams offensive playbook, look at 3rd and 4th and long situations as well as 2 minute drill....how many times is four verticles in there?

Simple fix that makes game play light years better and more challenging than it is now..

+100 sir.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »