Home

The CPU is one big cheat code

This is a discussion on The CPU is one big cheat code within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
The CPU is one big cheat code

This is default settings, doing the Draft Solo Challenges. It's ridiculous. While I've completed half of them, it's been the most frustrating time I've ever spent on a video game, and won't last much longer. I'm about done. To watch the CPU string together jukes, stiff arms, fake animations that make no sense when being tackled, silly looking momentum animations just so it can fall forward, forcing your DB's to run slow so it can get open, watching it fake punts and kicks and offensive linemen running wide open in the secondary like they're Calvin Johnson, it is literally unreal.

If not for my stubborn attitude to try and beat the cheating, I'd have traded this game in last week. The objective is to build your team, doing these challenges. Not build your team, and watch an 88 OVR Joe Haden get destroyed by a 72 OVR CPU WR simply because it's programmed to cheat/cheese. If that's not enough, when you finally get guys open, or get nice runs, they make you fumble. Or 90% of CPU passes defended are tipped balls so it can make a play on them. 90% of YOUR dropped passes are tipped so the CPU can make a play on them. Just looks way too silly. I had a 92 Brian Urlacher get eaten alive by 70 rated TE's over the middle. So what's the point of me completing these fake cheating tasks if the CPU is just going to completely make them look like bums?

I don't like to be subjugated to one game mode, or changing sliders in an overly one-sided way to force the CPU to play fair. That means the default settings for the game are really bad when you have to do this, and means that other modes that you can't change the sliders are really bad because of it. I've turned the threshold slider down to 0 on a play now game, and I still get hawked in by CPU slower defenders. Yet it only makes their guys torch my slower players. SMH What part of tone down the computer do they not understand each year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The CPU is one big cheat code

Sounds like some hyperbole too me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »