Home

Running impossible

This is a discussion on Running impossible within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #17
Rookie

Turbo Lax 33's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Running impossible

I'm having the opposite issue. Traditionally i have a hard time running but in Madden 17 i am leading the NFL after 9 games, with the BROWNS! We all know the Browns suck but yet game after game Crowell is lighting up the stat sheet. Over 1000 yards rushing, 10.9 YPC and 9 TD's. In addition, i have at least 10 runs of greater than 40 yards.

I am on All-Pro with default settings for everything. I actually came on to the forums tonight to find articles about why running is so easy this year. I thought something was wrong with the game.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:43 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Running seems to be a tad too easy for me this year, but with a catch.

I'm currently around 2nd or 4th rushing in the league with Justin Forsett in year 2 (so with a year of regression he is rated 78). He is averaging 4.7 ypc.
My oline is average.

Now here is the catch, far too frequently my run game will get stonewalled for the majority of the game (e.g. 14 carries for 43 yards) but almost every game I eventually break a big run that pushes my ypc close to 5.

My backup (Buck Allen) is averaging 6.3 ypc, but he typically only gets 6 carries a game.

I feel like with my roster I should only be averaging 3.7ish with Forsett, but I don't know if I want to decrease my run blocking even further (think I've dropped it 5 or 10 from Charter's sliders). So instead I changed my autosubs to get Forsett out sooner, while also decreasing his stamina through edit player. I only played one game with this change, but he finished with 17 carries for 54 yards, while Allen had 9 for 47.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:39 AM   #19
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Go to skills trainer and do the running tutorials, it gives a lot of insight how to read the defense and improve your running game.

I've never really struggled in any Madden's running game, neither have I dominated...I get around. But the added skills trainer section this year really made me look at defenses differently when rushing.

The running game is insanely fun this year, really enjoying it!
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a tough time running too especially with elusive ones like Jamaal Charles, power backs not so much.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #21
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
The real answer is that outside runs are much, much easier this year than inside runs. Keep pounding the stretch and you will see big yards eventually.

I can never get stretch plays to work at all. Always clobbered in the backfield!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #22
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

I will add, too, to the not using sprint button early. This is def true, and has been this way for a few iterations, now, I'd say. But, I've noticed another sort of similar 'run control mechanism' that doesn't always work, but can sometimes make a difference. And, it may be hard to explain, lol, but I'll try. There's almost a certain timing to when u should even push 'up' on the joystick when running inside or 'up+right' on a stretch to the right. And, the timing involves the engagement of the Olineman with the Dlineman. It's not always instantaneous with the snap. And, that's what makes this sort of tricky. If u watch the linemen while you're 'waiting for the handoff', u can see when they engage. Sometimes, it's right at the snap. Sometimes, there might be a slight delay to it. But, when u time it right, it's almost like u want to time the first press of 'up' on the stick to make your blockers initiate the block(s) at the right time. And, again, the 'right' time isn't always instantaneous. U have to see the O and Dline and where they are and whether they are about to engage. It's almost like u want them to engage when they're 'stood up' because that will give u the most block holding or something. I know, again, this is hard to describe and/or make a video detailing it. But, if u can understand what I'm saying, try that out. Don't press 'up' on the stick before the play starts. Wait, watch the linemen about to engage, then press 'up' to sort of 'make them engage when u want them to'. This can make the difference between a -2 yard loss and 3 yard gain. And/or, it can make all the blocks 'connect' at the proper times to allow for a 20+ yard run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #23
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5

I have noticed that the offensive line plays a monster role this year. I used the Cowboys just to see if it was me or my line. I could tell a huge difference using them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »