Home

Best Quarter Length?

This is a discussion on Best Quarter Length? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 01:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Best Quarter Length?

A friend and I started a CFM online together a few weeks ago and are having a lot of fun so far. We are on 8 min quarters, All Pro default, accelerated clock, 20 sec play clock. One thing we've both noticed in our games though is the general lack of offensive snaps we get per game on 8 min. In my most recent game versus the Texans (I am the Jaguars), midway through the 4th quarter, the stat overlay underneath the score/clock overlay pops up with a quick breakdown of my offensive play calling and it said Pass- 18, Run - 12. This was not a 3 and out, defensive struggle either, I ended up winning 24-23. Both of our offenses rank near the bottom of the league but we still win the majority of games, I believe he is 8-1 and I am 7-2 currently.

We're really enjoying the game and this online franchise a lot but we've come to the conclusion we need to play longer quarters. As it stands now, we both probably get somewhere between 30-40 offensive snaps per game total. The problem here is time, neither of us have more than a couple free hours at most per day to play Madden.

Sorry to ramble, but wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a reasonable quarter length that will give us more snaps per game but won't greatly increase the real time we spend playing and thus slow down our progress in franchise? We were thinking 10 min possibly, but not sure how much of a difference an extra 8 min of game time will make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 01:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Quarter Length?

I go 12 with 17 play clock

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD1521
I go 12 with 17 play clock

How long do games take you to play in real time on that quarter length? We'd like to find a good balance between more plays but not having games last 2 hours if possible.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wanna say roughly 40min depending on pass/run game plan...I'm in same boat with not a ton of extra time but seems to give pretty real world stat gameplay, experiment a game or two and lmk what u think

Old 09-04-2016, 01:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

15 min accelerated clock at 17 gets me between 60 and 70 plays/side. That's with a dedicated run game and QB@65% completion

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 04:01 AM   #6
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

8 mins with no runoff gets me between 120-130 plays total a game. Takes an hour to play a game. Works beautifully.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Mrfrosty's Arena

I've found 11 mins at 18-20 seconds gives realistic stats. Games take about 30ish mins but I play offense
Old 09-04-2016, 06:15 AM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

already a 5 page thread about this

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-you-use.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »