Home

Madden 18 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 wishlist thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #41
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

[quote=mrCPUgeek;2048403081]I think the game plays pretty well as it is. Gameplay IMO is maybe the best in all sports games I play at least. The AI could get smarter. That is about it.

I Play CFM only so I'd like to see a few things there.

- More practice days. I'd like to see five days of practice.
Day 1: Film day. Maybe a replay of 2-5 plays from the last game highlighting good plays and plays where you made a wrong decision. I remember an NCAA that did this during a game. Would be neat to have this after. Could have a question to answer and answering it right would give your coach XP points.

Day 2: planning day. You would get a profile of the top 3-5 players for you next opponent. You would then answer some question about them for coach XP.

Day 3: the current practice day

Day 4: free practice. You get to run 5-10 reps for offense/defense and players get XP like in a game. Before each rep you choose you personnel to use for that rep.

Day 5: Game drill. One for offense and defense. On offense your have the ball at the 50 and have to score for the xo points. On defense you have to stop the drive

Something like this, with your ideas incorporated would be more than welcomed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #42
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

[quote=Toupal;2048406009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek

Something like this, with your ideas incorporated would be more than welcomed!
Yes!! Give us a CALENDAR for crying out loud!

As someone else mentioned a few pages back, I think it's about time they scrap the current CFM engine and start from scratch. Right now it feels like what they have and make changes to every year is like a kitchen on fire. A lot has burned down already, a lot of things don't work anymore but instead of letting it burn down and start over, EA continues to bring in new stuff. A new coffee maker for the counter that is barely standing anymore and where the socket has burned away a few Madden editions ago, so it won't work. But it looks nice! Splash on some paint and put in a new dining table, which will burn soon enough, and the new CFM is done. It's a mess which I think is evidenced by the bug/glitches thread, poorly implemented new features and numerous complaints in their own threads on this forum.

Let the kitchen burn down, EA, and then start from scratch and do it right!

So, in my dreams, EA actually start from scratch, so here is my wish list for next year's (or like 5-10 years down the road...) brand new Franchise Mode (and yes, this is quite long).

UI

Out:Dark, slow menus with tiles is ugly, not practical, annoying to work with and not easy on the eye (studies have shown that it's easier to read dark text on a light background than the other way around). So, the current dark purple Win 8 inspired UI is gone.

In: A very light background with your team's stadium in the background, shot from a distance to give you lot's of space and a feeling of being able to breathe. The rest of the menu design is two-colored and determined by the team you're controlling. So, if you are controlling the Atlanta Falcons, the UI will be lined with red and black. If you control the Broncos, it's navy blue and orange and so on. BUT, if you don't like your team's colors or you get sick of it in your 35th season (yes, this Franchise mode is SO good you want to play 35 seasons and more), you can easily change the two colors in the options menu to any team you want. Also, if you have a created team, you set the two main colors of the team in creation mode (like in Madden 12) and you'll see those two colors lining the menu instead.

I thought about giving you the whole color pallet to choose from, but decided that it may be unrealistic from a game design standpoint and you have a ton of color combinations available through the other 31 NFL teams.

Out: I hate having to scroll left to right across multiple "pages" to find what I'm looking for, especially since the different pages are so poorly designed. I.e. the pages are 'leaking' over each other (go to the Roster box and the WR player card on the left gets cut in half; the TO DO screen where you have to scroll down the big TO DO list items to make sure you aren't overlooking anything because the boxes are too big; or jamming all the Owner, Coach, Roster, Trade menus on a third of a page while giving a quarter of another to just the letters: 'WEEK 1'? Additionally, everything just feels 'messy' (like the first page contains TO DO, some news and the date. How random is that?). So, we'll let it burn and start over.

In: What we'll do instead is having 1 Landing page (no scrolling around) with the ability to bring up a quick menu and a main menu.

1. Landing Page:
This is the first page you see when you finish a game, start Franchise Mode for the first time or want to simulate ahead. This page contains:

Top of the page: Calendar; with current date on the left and the next 14 days running across the screen to the right side. Games and practices will be marked along with Trade deadline day, other offseason events and special color for Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games. You can also click on the calendar and see 1 month at a time. This will be especially beneficial during the offseason as you'll always know how far away the free agency, draft and so on is.

Left side: Tweets; not just by the 'experts' or whathaveyou in the current (?) version, but from made up fans (like in Project Cars I believe it is).

During Training Camp/preseason: Tweets about good-looking youngsters in TC, struggling veterans, or just generic ones like 'Sitting in the sunshine at Dove Valley watching the Broncos TC today!"

During Regular Season: Tweets about injuries from last game, great and bad player performances and so on.

Close to playoffs: Tweets about teams in the hunt, teams clinching PO spot, teams looking forward to getting the #1 overall draft pick, MVP/Rookie of the Year candidates.

Playoffs: see During regular season, but also "Going to the SB!" and "The Steelers are your AFC Champions" and so on. It's a huge deal getting to the SB - let the fans go nuts!

Offseason: rookies, team needs in draft/FA, upcoming free agents (big names), players resigning, fans sad about losing someone you couldn't resign etc.

Draft: fan's/expert's reaction to picks?

Middle of the Screen: Latest NFL News:
- game highlights (where you can actually see a highlight video of any game you want (might be difficult to achieve, I know, but it's my dream Franchise Mode gosh darnit! )), player injuries, big performances, rookie/player of the week etc. Make us realize that there's actually a whole game world we're taking part in!

Right side: Latest news
Where the middle of the screen will have a big picture taking up all the space, the right side will have more of a sidebar with just the latest headlines and you can click on any of them and read a news article.

Quick Menu and Main Menu
Quick menu is a new idea I had (detailed below) and it's brought up by clicking the left bumper (L1 on PS?), while the main menu is brought up by clicking the right bumper (R1 on PS?). The Landing Page goes slightly darker and the quick menu pops up from the left side while the main menu pops up from the right side (only one at a time...).

Main Menu:
1. Roster Screen
Half the page you'll see a field with a line of scrimmage and circles lined up in a formation with numbers in them and names above/below them. This is your starting lineup presented by a COACH AND NOT WITH PLAYER CARDS BECAUSE THIS ISN'T MUT! Sorry, about that... If you want to make any changes, you'll click on it, and it'll take you to your depth chart (more on that under 'Menus').

Also on this page you'll find coach's schemes, autosubs, Team Chemistry (new feature), practice, game planning, formation subs, practice squad - everything Roster related. More on how the menus are setup below.

One quick note on Coach's Scheme and Team Chemistry = 1 Screen called 'Team Tactics Screen':

Team Tactics Screen is the laboratory of your head coach and coordinators; this is where you set your system, your playbook (which can be edited in Franchise Mode), player Types, set formation subs and see Team Chemistry.

1. Design: You can flip between defense and offense. On both sides of the ball you can flip right or left to change between the formations in your playbook. You see the formations on a green field with circles indicating the different positions lined up correctly in that particular formation. You also have a Main Overview Formation for both sides of the ball. This will be a standard formation you can choose yourself - i.e. if you play 3-4 defense, you set a standard 3-4 defense and so on. While on this Overview page, you'll see the player Type currently selected for each position underneath the circle (see 2.Player Types).

While flipping through the different formations in your playbook, the different circles have the numbers of your starters in them and when you highlight one of them (click on it), a list of alternative players for that position shows up. This box will show the most important attributes for that particular Type and Position for the player currently selected compared to the alternative player who's highlighted. This makes it easy to find the right player for each position. It also makes it easy to make formation subs; just flip from one formation to the next and switch players.

2. Player Types: I think player types should be an important part of any coach's scheme and a player's performance in the wrong scheme should suffer (Enter: Team Chemistry). In the Overview screen, move through the different positions and click on them to change Player Type you want in that position. Based on the Type you choose, you'll see the color of it change; if you've chosen a player Type that fits the system, it's green. If you've chosen a Type that fits ok, it's orange, and if it doesn't fit at all (3-4 run stopper in 4-3, Zone coverage CB in Man-to-man etc) it's red. The colors is one part of Team Chemistry - having the right game plan, system, scheme in place.

2. Trades and Transactions
1. Free Agents
2. You can see your own trade block! You can EITHER sort by position or see every player on the trade block on one screen. The information displayed is: Position - Name - Age - Player Type - Salary/Cap hit - Years left on contract
3. This trade block is available for all teams, not just yours and not just everyone EXCEPT yours (like in M17...).
4. There's a sidebar on the left or right side that displays the latest transactions made. You can also click on the sidebar to see all transactions in full screen, a screen that can be sorted by Trades, Released etc, but you can also click on a specific transaction in the sidebar if you just want to see that. If it's a trade for example, you'll see everything that was sent by one team on the left side and everything they got in return on the right side.

3. Scouting and Draft - Pretty much, 'Everything Rookies'
Yes, your own entire screen for scouting - which has been revamped. It's going to look much more like it looks like in the latest NHL games, only better.

For this to work, we need a College football world that works and is/feels 'alive'. I.e. in FIFA you can scroll through all the other leagues across the world and see results and a league table. In Franchise mode you can see results and standings from all NCAA divisions, bowl games and stats on players entering the draft.

First of all you don't choose specific players to scout. You send your scouts to a NCAA division - Big 10, PAC-12 etc. The longer the scouts stay, the more information they get and the more accurate information they get. You'll get more information and more accurate information on the best players, the ones expected to go in the first 3 rounds. Additionally, you get information on - although not a lot - on freshmen, sophomores and juniors who aren't entering the draft that year. In other words, you can track a college player for more than just the year they're entering the draft.

Secondly, the information you get is in the form of a scouting report (think NFL 2K5), not numbers, in addition to stats, where they think he'll go in the draft (which can be anything from 4th-7th round (not enough scouting) to top of the 2nd round (a lot of scouting). During the regular season you get an overview of all players entering the draft, with a little bit of information on everyone, and it's not until the Bowl games, the scouting combine, the Senior bowl and offseason in general that you start scouting specific players and unlock more specific information on those players.

On this Scouting page you can also see your current scouting staff, fire and hire (during offseason only), set your draft board and shortlist (see 'Draft' under 'Offseason').

Draft Preparations - Setting your draft board and shortlist
When you start to get an overview, you can set your own draft board. Your scouts set a draft board a week before the draft which you can then edit to your liking. Do you have a LT ranked higher than your scouts, move him up. Are your scouts ranking a HB higher than you like him or would take him, move him down or remove him completely.

You can then set your shortlist - this is kind of like the current Watch list, only it's much easier to work with. You have a line across the page which says "Round 1", "Round 2" and so on with players expected to go in those rounds listed below. On the right of the screen is a sidebar - when you move down your shortlist and highlight a certain player, the sidebar will immediately show you what players you have in that position already on your roster, and all the players in the same position currently on your shortlist. So if you highlight a HB, the sidebar will list your current HB's and all the other HB's currently on your shortlist with what round their expected to go. This will make things a lot easier during the draft I recon...

Also, for every team in the draft you can see a "Needs" list of 5 positions, like NFL.com produces. It's not always accurate, and it shouldn't give you a definite list of what positions will draft, but it gives you an idea of what teams could be going after the same players as you.

The Draft
Out: The Draft is a big event (it's on TV with hours and hours of broadcasting for crying out loud). In Madden, it's not a big event. It's a spreadsheet.

In:
Set the stage: A camera flies from the outside, over the crowds and the red carpet where a rookie is being interviewed, in through the doors and into the big hall room. It's dark with flashing lights and a cheering crowd. A panel of experts sit around a desk commentating, saying something about the first team on the clock, a big trade that happened just days prior to the draft or a player expected to go #1 overall. The commissioner then comes on stage and opens the draft and a team logo and a clock is shown on the big screens next to the stage.

Basically, with all the focus on presentation in Madden over the last few editions, I'm surprised they've never tried to do anything about the draft. I'm not saying the commissioner should come on stage and read every name cause that would take literally 3 days to complete, but opening it, maybe reading the first few names off the board, would be nice.

Changes I want:
1. The correct amount of time on the clock (3 or 2 or 1,5 is just arcadey and brakes immersion) and you can't stop it. You have to make good preparations and if you do try to throw in a late trade offer, you're under the pressure of not being able to stop the clock. If teams take longer than 15 seconds to pick, it'll give the panel of experts a chance to discuss the most recent pick, but of course, at any point you can sim ahead.
2. Draft stories: comments from the panel on players who are falling down the board without being drafted.
3. Round 1 is Day 1. When Round 1 is done, the commissioner closes the first round for the day and you'll get a summary of the first round; list of every player drafted and where they were expected to be drafted, biggest names to drop out of round 1 etc. Then you assess your own draft strategy, rearrange the draft board and adjust your plan if necessary. Then repeat for Day 2 (Round 2 and 3) before Day 3 (Round 4-7) closes out the draft.
4. Panel discusses needs, what they think teams will go with with their current pick etc. and are the first to know if a trade has been made or if they hear anything about a team trying to make a trade (maybe even discussing what teams they think could be trying to trade up).
5. When a team is on the clock, you should see a info box on the bottom of the page listing Team Needs, Draft Picks so far (if any), What other picks they have left in the draft, and last seasons record. Could also include key players lost and key FA additions.
6. Crowd reaction to picks and the panel commenting on it.

And more importantly, DON'T show us a players exact attributes, OVR and development trait the second we draft him. It's a terrible, immersion breaking feature that makes no sense from any perspective (other than arcade and unrealistic I guess).

4. Owner mode Page
Here's where you have a full overview of your franchise from a Owner's standpoint. You can rebuild your stadium (with a lot more options), see your finances, player salaries and contracts, adjust prizes (if that's still a feature people want), or relocate. In addition you have a History page which will take you to a new screen where you can see previous SB winners, game results, final standings, player stats, player awards for every year you've played.

Relocation:
1. Choose from a much longer list of cities - like Madden 12 but even more!
2. Choose logo - not cartoony logos like in Madden 12, but more serious and usable. Something that would actually fit nicely in the real NFL. You can choose the colors yourself.
3. Design your own uniforms - colors and design of helmets, pants, jerseys, sleeves, is all up to you.
4. Choose team name - either keep the current NFL one or choose one from a long list of realistic names (like create a team in NHL 14? 15?).
5. Design your own stadium - much like Madden 12, but with a lot more options on how the stands look etc.

The reason why I want to choose city and name from a list, is because then EA can program the commentators to actually say those names in-game. Also, it's easier to come up with good names when picking from a list I find... Maybe that's just me

5. NFL Standings and Stats
This will take you to a submenu where you can choose to see the following:

1. Standings
2. League schedule - sort by week or team
3. Playoff race - who's in, who's in the hunt (available from week 12-14?)
4. Player stats
5. Team stats
6. Weekly award winners - All 17 weeks can be seen on one screen per award so it's easy to see who past winners were that season.

Quick Menu
At this point you might be wondering where the Options are. They are in the new Quick Menu which can be brought up at any point, from any screen, and it slightly dims the screen you're on and gives you several menu items to choose from. Pick one and it'll take you there right away. Standard Quick Menu items are:
1. Options (includes sliders, settings etc)
2. Save
3. Quit

Pretty self-explanatory. In addition though you can choose to add a quick shortcut to the pages/screens/menus you use the most. So, you can add let's say Game Planning to the mini menu and it'll immediately take you to Game Planning when you click on it. That way you won't have to navigate to the Roster page, then Practice --> Game Planning for instance. Or, at least I think that's what I would do, you can add the Landing Page so that no matter what screen you're on, you can always go straight to the landing page in a hurry. If you can add any shortcuts you want, I don't see how anyone can complain about too many clicks. Also remember that this menu will be much quicker overall so everything will go much faster.

Menus
Out:
- Having to scroll right into infinity to find individual attributes
- An info box that follows you down the list (it's SO annoying!).

In: Roster/Depth Chart = 1 Screen
1. Overview Screen: This screen will show all players currently on your roster, not listed by OVR (I have a plan of getting rid of OVR altogether...) but listed at their current positions. It might have to be divided into one for offense and one for defense...

Anyway, on this Overview screen you'll have the entire depth chart listed with positions down the left side of the screen followed by the name of the #1 at that position, then #2, #3 and #4. This makes it incredibly easy to have a complete overview during preseason (with 90 players) and you can move players around by selecting one then moving to the player you want to switch with and click on him and the two will immediately switch place. That way you won't get that "A player can't start twice on offense" message. Want to switch your starting Tackles around? Just click on one, then the other, and they'll switch place.

You can then scroll down to players sorted by position. This screen looks slightly different than now:

On the top of the screen: Player info box WHICH STAYS AT THE TOP AT ALL TIMES! This Player box will be slightly bigger than today's box I assume (although the info box in the current Madden certainly has a lot of empty space) and will include the following:
- Picture of player's face
- Number, Age, Height, Weight, College, Position, Years experience
- Player Type (new)
- Attributes with the most important attributes for the Type you've selected in your Scheme highlighted (new)

Under the player box the players in that position are listed by where they are on the depth chart (not OVR) but with a lot longer list to fill in than it is now. I.e. you can have up 6-7 QB's listed or 10-12 WR's. Since you won't have the attributes listed to the right of the player name anymore, the depth chart like list will only take up half the page. The other half is an info box which tells you if you have any players in the current position on IR (and how long he's out for) or on the Practice Squad. If you want to promote someone from the practice squad, you can do it right there (probably have to release someone first). Just select him and move him to your depth chart/roster screen.

If you want to see all the player attributes, player traits and contract broken down into cap hit each year for the remainder of his contract, just click the right stick which will bring up a FIFA like menu you can scroll through.

Another feature of this roster screen is the ability to highlight one player so that his individual attributes remain in the info box at the top. When you scroll down to a different player, the info box will show a comparison of the two players' attributes.

Other:
Current XP system: "You play the game and earn xp. Then you use the xp to level up your skills and different abilities!" Step 1: Find whoever thought the XP system was a good idea and ship him off to Bethesda. The FIFA developer's scrapped it after FIFA09 which is like 7 years ago and it should stay buried.

In:
You're no longer God and in control of every player's development. Instead a good coaching team will develop young players and maintain veterans much better than a poor one. Instead of earning xp straight out of Skyrim you set a focus player type in training for your player. That player type (Pass rusher, Run stopper, mobile QB or pocket passer) decide what attributes will be focused on in training and the player is most likely to increase.

Development speeds up because:
- He's playing well in games and in practice (and training camp)
- The type you set him to train matches his current player type
- good coaches

Development stops/slows down because:
- he's struggling in games (so be careful fielding your young players too soon).
- you choose a completely different player type than he currently is
- bad coaches

Also, I think there should be a random (but low) chance of a player having a breakout training camp/year where he has a very steep increase in attributes.

...and don't show us the development trait. It's a game mechanic that we should never see even if it's "under the hood". Breaks the immersion.

Out: OVR
A player's individual attributes and how he actually performs in games are much more important than an OVR number, so please get rid of it.

In:
Focus on individual attributes, (feedback from coaches?) and how he fits a scheme. Also, rookies' attributes should be hidden at least through training camp/preseason like in Madden 12.

Out:
Current preseason, roster size and cut days.
With the implementation of practice squad it doesn't make sense anymore to have cut days every single week. If you have to cut down to 63 (which is basically a 53-man roster + 10 practice squad players) before week 4, we might as well cut down to 63 in week 1 as we have no one to choose from and not really anyone to cut. Also, the roster is just 75 players and preseason is just something you sim through at the moment. There's just nothing interesting going on (which is most likely why they added cut days every week so you actually had something to do).

In:
1. Rookie mini camp
2. Training Camp with 90 players on your roster
3. Preseason games with training camp inbetween
4. Realistic cut days. Cut down from 90 to 75 after the 3rd preseason game and from 75 to 53+10 (practice squad players) after the 4th.

The entire training camp and preseason should have a different feel than the rest of the season. You don't have the stadium as your background in menus but a training camp field with only a few seats, an indoor facility etc. Tweets about training camp, fans on the sidelines watching, training camp drills and instead of having lots of players standing around on the sidelines, have them do drills other places on the field or in the background. Just make me feel like I'm part of a training camp.

---
Out: My wall of texts from OS forum threads
WOW this is a wall of text... Sorry! I'll stop now and come back with more on a later date!

In: Shorter walls of text...
...that are more coherent and easier to read and understand
Old 09-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Crowd noise. On the road it has no effect on audible or false starts. I loved in NCAA how it effected freshman. It would also effect tackles trying to stop pass rushers.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:48 PM   #44
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I am a diehard football fan, but not so much pro football. The only thing that will get me to buy this game again is if we get total customization options for creating and relocating teams. This is such a big factor to me, I jumped ship and am buying NBA 2k this year. I may be in the minority, but I know the NFL teams too well, I want a fictional league where there is no history until I make it in game.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:30 AM   #45
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

t' calleds to the stadiuma bit early yet. And EA probably won't start working on its new feature until June. But these are the things I really think need added.

For starters. I want a legit myplayer type mode. Look at what 2k is doing with the NBA game. Why Madden can't include this is beyond me. But now Fifa is at least trying it, maybe Madden is next. But probably not.

Connect Franchise

A whole new scouting tool. The current system is rather boring and dull. NCAA did a great job with their recruiting tools. Do something similar. And add players walking into the stage, show then on the phone. The draft is a huge 3 day event. In madden, we get this boring dialog for a few players.

Editing and sharing draft classes.

Players emotions. And have it effect the team. Is a player mad he didn't get a contract extension? Not happy being a back up? These things effect the locker room. Allow players to hold out, demand trades etc.

Senior leadership needs to play a role in your team. Say I have a vet pro bowl QB. Well any younger player should gain extra XP. Especially those of the same position.

Speaking of probowl. Where the hell is it? Do they even have a probowl list on this game? Not only do I want to see how made it, I want to play the damn game!

I like the game planning thing. But allow us to break down our time. Maybe we face a superstar wr. Let us give our DBs a little extra time in the film room.

There is more I can thing of I'm sure.

MUT

Allow us to customize our logos, uniforms, team names, stadiums etc. Hell, going one step further. Maybe we start off playing on a run down high school field. And maybe in each pack there are stadium cards. We can add seating, scoreboards, update turf, goal post.

Allow us to earn MUT coins across all modes. Made the playoffs in CF? Here is 500 coins! Got a pick 6? 25 coins. The grind of solo challenges gets boring.

General game play and presentations

Fix the damn intentional grounding Not being

Interactive sidelines. Remember in 2k5 when you ran out of bounds, your players would grab you? I miss that! Hell have our players knock off cheerleaders, camera people, jump over benches. Knock over water coolers. This serves no purpose other then just being a cool little small detail.

Show more cut scenes of the crowd, show team intros. Bring more Atmosphere to the stadium

Hats off for finally adding a new broadcast team. But NBA2k just blew the doors open in that department. I don't want to wait another 5 years to see you catch up.

Better replay camera. As a photographer, I love taking photos. I want the ability to add depth of field, adjust exposure etc. Madden current replay camera isn't bad. But can be better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 02:38 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

(All CFM wishes)

*Game Modes
1. Commissioner Mode (full control of all 32 teams, playbooks, player editing, coach editing, relocating teams, and suspensions of players and IR.
2. Owner, Coach, Player can still be options.

*Presentation
1. I want to do it get a different feel of playing in different stadiums. Besides a dome or a scoreboard it feels like the same stadium every game.
2. Make Thursday/Monday/Playoff games feel more important. Bring some controller vibrations to big moments, and the crowd noise is awful

*Rosters
1. Include a full staff with all rosters. Coaches and Coordinators with full scheme, formation subs, and play book controls, as well as, editing names.
2. Include the LS as a position not as a TE and make his attributes specific to a long snapper. Pass block + tackling.
3. Separate kick returner and punt returner attributes. All KR are not good PR and vice versa.
4. Add secondary player scheme rating ie. 3-4/OLB 4-3/DE, 4-3/DT 3-4/DE

*CFM Off the field
1. In CFM scouting make the scouts matter. Hire them to scout for me weekly so I don't have to tediously reveal attributes weekly. They should be assigned to scout scheme specific players and have good or bad attributes at certain positions.
2. Make the coordinators matter i.e limit the number of plays in a defensive/offensive playbook until they earn their stripes.
3. Custom stadium rebuilds with banner/logo placement and color schemes. Turf/Grass, retractable roof etc.
4. Make the money matter. The owner can help a mediocre trainer become world class by purchasing cryotherapy chambers, better mri machines etc
5. Star players should attract other players to want to play with them and sometime for less money.

*Game Play
1. Tie in attributes, confidence, and in game penalties together. An Offensive lineman that gets beat becomes more prone to false start. A corner that gives up big plays is more prone to commit pass interference. A frustrated team may take a cheap shot etc.
2. Make QB Attributes matter. A QB with bad deep throw accuracy should be way off at times when throwing a deep ball. A QB with bad bad short accuracy should miss easy throws in the flat frequently. A QB with bad play action rarely fools a defense.
3. Add a team cohesion attribute or badge for individuals, units, and teams. A secondary that has played together for 3 years gets a boost over a team that has 3 free agents for example.. especially for offensive line units.
4. Add more 2 handed aggressive catches and limit the one handed catches to guys that have elite spectacular catch attributes.
5. When choosing to "guess the play" as a run eliminate corners from the equation.
6. Fix the routes that running backs run out of the back field
7. Hot Routes...Add all routes by adding a page 2 or d-pad... skinny post, post, corner routes are must have additions.
8. CPU clock management is awful
9. CPU/Player game plans based on tendencies (Half time adjustments)
10 Player match-ups... WR/CB LB/TE LB/RB S/TE S/RB
11.Defensive Line moves controlled by the user. LT for power moves RT for speed moves. LT+directional+X=Swim LT+directional+A=Bull Rush LT+directional+B=Inside Rip RT+directional+X=Speed Rush RT+directional+A=Dip Under RT+directional+B= Spin Move

Last edited by jaiel26; 09-09-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:22 PM   #47
Just started!

loogey7's Arena

I think the obvious one is the line play everyone agrees it took a huge step back this year but the rest of the game defensively is probably the best its been.

I think the overall ratings need to be scaled back like the fifa games. Why are so many guys 99s? Doesnt make sense look at fifa the top players are like 90-94 the above average guys are in the 80s and for the most part everyday players are in the 70s absolutely the way it should be.

I feel more needs to be done to make the draft and player development more realistic. I love that they got rid of the stock photos for drafted players it was awful and drove me crazy. I think the generated faces now look fantastic but always room for improvement. Maybe a slider to choose how good draft classes can be like can tune it pre starting the franchise and be more realistic I know I've seen it in another game but cant remember which one. Needs to be where there will only be a few guys in the 80s you'll get guys in the low to mid 70s who will be starters out of the gate but for the most part you get guys in the high 60s who you need to actually use correctly scheme wise and put the effort into building them up to be successful.

Little things like naming team captains and how about sliders to determine snaps per player on the depth chart literally divide it up by percentages and you can slide say 60% to your lead back 30% for your #2 and 10% for your 3rd same for the 3rd down back and wr. Maybe a slider to affect targets as well set up the same way that will serve as a general guideline to where your QB goes with the ball during sim games.

Thats all I can think of right now off the top of my head and they all seem very doable imo
Old 09-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #48
Just started!

loogey7's Arena

Thought of something else they have the NFL records up but how about having every teams season and career records as well down to like 25 deep so as you do your franchise you can really develop team legends and once the players are gone you still have those records to look at their achievements which I think would be cool.

How about a trophy room like the old NCAA football games you can go through and look at your teams past individual player awards and championship game victories and a year by year breakdown to show the teams history with each coach and their team record with team leading passer rusher receiver tackles int and sacks would not be difficult to do.

Just more stuff to really record what it is you are doing in franchise mode and keep you wanting to stick with one franchise instead of playing a few years and creating a new one which i seem to always do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »