Home

Stretch runs

This is a discussion on Stretch runs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 04:18 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Stretch runs

Something must be done - absolutely silly. Game at launch wasn't nearly as bad, whatever tuner and patch just came out completely botched the edge run defense. Now guys are just repeatedly spamming streches till it eventually (and inevitably) breaks wide open.

Whatever was done to "tune" the force defender completely ruined outside containment. Now this game suddenly feels a whole lot like 16.

I can't be the only one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 06:22 AM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stretch runs

This game online is gross now. Everyone is abusing everything you can think of and the game just came out. Also throw on the fact there's no refs on the field online and no penalties and this game gets old fast. Fun but still nothing like real football, not even close!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
Stretch runs

Stretch runs and tosses are completely shut down by running 3-4 odd cover 4 drop contain..user a safety. Do research before making these types of statements. This is the best Madden ever made there is no offensive or defensive play that can't be stopped this year. I was a longtime skeptic of EA but this year they have finally made a game that takes skill and football knowledge. Kuddos to Rex and team.

By the way since I know it can be stopped I NEVER run the stretch. You actually lose yards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by avwhitechic; 09-06-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #4
Banned

rich8682's Arena

See the problem with y'all is that y'all call bad plays and make no adjustments. If y'all improve your playcalling you won't get burned by the stretch so much.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #5
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
See the problem with y'all is that y'all call bad plays and make no adjustments. If y'all improve your playcalling you won't get burned by the stretch so much.

I truly luv this game this year, you have to have football knowledge and take what's given, the days of 3 play spamming Madden winners are gone. If you rely on cheese and no huddle as a gameplan, you gonna lose Alot. Madden has finally forced players to not play Madden ball and I couldn't be more happier.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #6
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
I truly luv this game this year, you have to have football knowledge and take what's given, the days of 3 play spamming Madden winners are gone. If you rely on cheese and no huddle as a gameplan, you gonna lose Alot. Madden has finally forced players to not play Madden ball and I couldn't be more happier.

Exactly. So many people don't even have a minimum of football knowledge. I don't even know that much football, my sport is basketball, but I'm doing fine cause I have at least a basic understanding.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

YouTube how to stop madden 17 stretch runs, there is a great video showing how to do this. Its not impossible like you're thinking, I promise.

Edit:: Actually here it is, no excuses!

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 09-06-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
Stretch runs and tosses are completely shut down by running 3-4 odd cover 4 drop contain..user a safety. Do research before making these types of statements. This is the best Madden ever made there is no offensive or defensive play that can't be stopped this year. I was a longtime skeptic of EA but this year they have finally made a game that takes skill and football knowledge. Kuddos to Rex and team.

By the way since I know it can be stopped I NEVER run the stretch. You actually lose yards,

So EA implements gap control to play the run realistically and contain the edge, it doesn't even work right now so the solution is to only call one play and user a player to stop (AKA Madden 16 and prior), and suddenly EA is praised for the skill and football knowledge required to succeed in the game?

Something isn't adding up. Gap control working should be the solution here, not doing workarounds because the force and contain defenders do nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »