Home

Terrible Cornerbacks plague game

This is a discussion on Terrible Cornerbacks plague game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Terrible Cornerbacks plague game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Elton John
run more cover two - tampa type coverage. u on ps-4 ? message me, as I have a great defensive pb that really improves cpu play. I ripped out many cruddy plays.
Cover 2 / Tampa 2 is just awesome this year guys. Make sure your inside backers have decent zone and you are golden. It works as a bend but don't break base defense. I mix in cover 1. Almost never use cover 3/4, which I find do get shredded.

Seems each madden one or the other coverages is just weak or strong. I'm telling you a Tampa 2 / Cover 2 zone D is killer this season.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

I agree totally. I went to practice and destroyed elite corner after elite corner.

Cant effectively shade...

Cant press a slant effectively...

Cant press an IN with cover 1...

Unless its 2 man, you cant press effectively at all...

Cant get dynamic pressure....

sigh...
Old 09-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #11
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
I don't have a problem with slants beating man, typically they should. However the problem is they should not win if I audible the DBs to inside shade, yet they still do. Likewise audible to outside shade should stop Corners, Flags, Outs, but it doesn't.

And again, I've yet to notice any real difference on all-madden between Revis/Sherman and Joe Scrub for most routes.
This times 100, I'm not asking for any certain coverage to lock down any certain route combo completely, but what I am asking for is the adjustments I make to have some effect. If I share inside, I want my corner to play inside technique not give up the inside immediately at the snap. It's possible that he plays inside technique and still get beats but atleast he got beat doing what I asked him to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 PM   #12
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Good corners feel good, at least on my set. I'm able to abuse bad corners. I played the Seahawks, and every time they were in man I went right at Browner. Sherman was lockdown but I was able to exploit Browner.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 10:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This times 100, I'm not asking for any certain coverage to lock down any certain route combo completely, but what I am asking for is the adjustments I make to have some effect. If I share inside, I want my corner to play inside technique not give up the inside immediately at the snap. It's possible that he plays inside technique and still get beats but atleast he got beat doing what I asked him to do.
The fact that shading remains broken is indeed inexcusable
Old 09-08-2016, 05:03 AM   #14
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

No they don't game run smooth and perfect, defense specially DB this year are awesome , maybe you must learn to play better or adjust the slider that works perfect, exactly as they should suppose to do.

Listen the truth, sliders have no any old side effect which then disgraced the rest of the game as some small haters say .

have good luck
Old 09-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
To address the two routes the OP mentioned:

Slants - are supposed to beat man coverage
Verticals - I do agree that WR's win too many 9-routes. It seems to me like press coverage is not nearly effective enough in this year's game. If the CPU lines up in press on the outside with no safety over the top, I can hot route to a fly route and complete a deep ball 75-80% of the time.
One thing that would help with that is to lower deep accuracy for quarterbacks. They are unrealistically accurate in Madden.

As of the 2014 season, the average completion percentage for deep passes was only 33.6% (this despite Aaron Rodgers completely skewering the statistic by having an outrageously high deep ball completion percentage of 51.6%. The next highest? Payton Manning, with a 43.2%. Tom Brady was at 27.9%.).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-deep-passers

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-10-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »