Home

What to do. What to do. Franchise POTM or Cpu vs CPU players.

This is a discussion on What to do. What to do. Franchise POTM or Cpu vs CPU players. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
What to do. What to do. Franchise POTM or Cpu vs CPU players.

This is not a rant, more of a cry for help from those that play as I do. I play only offline Franchise Coach mode, POTM, or CPU. vs. CPU. I am ready to give up. I have started so many different Franchises using every slider set that is out there and several of my own. But I cannot get any kind of consistency from any of them. Play of the moment, yesterday while playing my Browns against Atlanta, Atlanta ran the ball 26 times in the first half of the game, NEVER threw one pass. Not one. What team in the NFL would ever do this? These are the types of things that make me want to give up. These are the issues I see nearly every game.

PUNTS. They are extreme; they are either 70 yds or are duffed and go about 20 yds straight in the air. Most punts are always kicked to the side lines out of bounds. No type of consistency at all.

PASSES, I primarily see three types of passes, the same thing over and over. The dump passes to the side line, which catch and then run out of bounds. The 20 to 30 yd pass straight over the middle, which is always wide open, or the deep pass which there 86 speed rated receiver out runs my 94 speed rated CB or Safety by 10 yds. I constantly see LB trying to cover receivers 30 yards down field. It is extremely rare to see and defender within 5 yards of a receiver.

My QB's will set there and take sacks after what seems like an eternity of just standing there. When I check replay I have receivers wide open with no one near them, why he didn't throw is beyond me.

The running game is either hit or miss, it’s always a tackle for a loss, or a gain of 10 to twelve yds, At least one big running play per game. When I check the stats at the end of the game the tackles for loss is always about 8 to 10 for each team. The majority of the time for both teams it always results in a third and long like 3rd down and 18, and the majority of time the QB will connect for a 25 yd pass because there is no coverage. Way to many third and longs resulting in wide open passes and first downs and mostly over the middle. And at the end of the game, total rush yardage nearly always out does the pass yardage. Nearly every CPU team rush attempts outnumber the pass attempts. That just don’t happen in the NFL.

As I said, I am not ranting or trying to put this game down, I have been a member of this board since 2003 and played every Madden they have made. I strive for realism. But I cannot find a balance or any consistency in this year’s version. I am extremely happy that have returned CPU vs CPU or POTM. I love these features but can't seem to make them play correctly. This is why it is so frustrating. I realize that if you play as a thumb jockey, you can call and control your own plays and situations which might make the game play completely different. But I am asking if those that play as I do, if they see or experience the same things I do. If so, How do handle it, adjust it, or if you have any advise. The biggest issue is NO PASS DEFENSE. The defenders are nowhere near the receivers especially over the middle. And I can’t figure out how to tighten it up, Do I increase the Pass reaction slides or decrease them, Do I increase the Pass Coverage or decrease them. If you have any answers I sure would appreciate them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »