Home

Biggest needs for M18 (not wishlist).

This is a discussion on Biggest needs for M18 (not wishlist). within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Biggest needs for M18 (not wishlist).

Okay I know there is a fantastic wishlist page going on right now. There have been some really impressive posts about better UIs and so on. But I wanted to create a thread about things that aren't just quality of life improvements for the game, but things needed for the game to step up.

I'll add/remove from the list based on what others post, but here is my shortlist, which will pretty much only be for CFM and IN game which I play. Will add key notes from other game notes as they get posted.

1: DB matchups. We've talked about this for years, we need a way to have our DBs shadow certain WRs. You gave us this Game Plan section before each week, this can be added into that system.

2: OL/DL interaction, okay you worked on it this year, it is still not great. The biggest problem is wanting to play out full animations from a win/loss roll on the interaction. This leaves guys either winning their first move and getting pressure instantly or spinning around and doing nothing for way too long. My advice is that the OL/DL roll checks should be every quarter of a second (.25s)(or better the time between checks could be based off of BSH/RBK/PBK with .25 being the base for equal ratings). This includes after a DL has won, run more rolls to see how well the OL can push him off his line as he goes by etc... OL don't simply give up once they are beat.

3: Regression, this is still in need of massive improvement. IMO the game designers still don't understand how speed works in their game, how vital it remains and how players (espeially outside guys) don't become OL slow just because they are 34. That said, other areas need improved on this as well. Stats should have different regression ages, rather than all falling off at 29. Here is a my list:
Spoiler

With this change retirement shouldn't be very random, if players are still getting comparable downs played at an old age they should continue to play. A few guys randomly retiring even after good seasons is fine, but it shouldn't feel like everyone (especially stars) arbitrarily retires after they hit 32 or so.

4: XP system, honestly I'd like to see it removed entirely in favor of something more along the lines of Fifa where guys tend to have a set career arc that is somewhat affected by their play, coaching, style of training. But if you are going to keep this system. Everyone should receive a base amount of XP for practice each week (majority of XP), then add on position group focus (little extra XP), and player focus (little extra XP) as well as game time XP.

That is all I've got right now for a needs list, my mind is racing with other thoughts but those should mostly go into a wishlist.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »