Home

Starting a Franchise with Accurate Rosters

This is a discussion on Starting a Franchise with Accurate Rosters within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #17
Rookie

xSubzer0x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Starting a Franchise with Accurate Rosters

I was just Finna ask what's the best way to get accurate rosters as of week one for Franchise Mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #18
Rookie

xSubzer0x's Arena

Might just say screw it and save the Week One roster and just go with it and start my franchise

Old 09-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Aweb20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I'm having the same thing happen to me. Went into week 4 in the preseason with the rosters as accurate as possible, simmed week 4 and Thielen, Tom Johnson and Marcus Sherels were all cut. I was absolutely upset with this as I spent hours on trying to get these rosters close to real life. Biggest problem is that I now can't find any of those three players in the game now. they aren't FA's and they haven't been signed by any team. Any ideas on how to fix this? WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT EA!?!?
I had the same issue. Did you use pre-existing injuries? If so, do not put them on IR until the start of the regular season. It seemed like the system still made it so they took up roster spots, so the cpu cuts players to get you down to the right number. I had Sherels, Tom Johnson, Thielen, and McDermott cut so I restarted and didn't put anyone on IR until the regular season. Then to make sure you get the 53 guys you want, you have to end up putting guys on the practice squad and signing them off and I actually cut a couple guys and signed them again the next week. All in all it is a lot of work for something that should be simple.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #20
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweb20
I had the same issue. Did you use pre-existing injuries? If so, do not put them on IR until the start of the regular season. It seemed like the system still made it so they took up roster spots, so the cpu cuts players to get you down to the right number. I had Sherels, Tom Johnson, Thielen, and McDermott cut so I restarted and didn't put anyone on IR until the regular season. Then to make sure you get the 53 guys you want, you have to end up putting guys on the practice squad and signing them off and I actually cut a couple guys and signed them again the next week. All in all it is a lot of work for something that should be simple.
I did use pre-existing injuries and haven't put them on IR yet. How did you get back those four though? I haven't seen them in FA or on another team.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #21
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubzer0x
I was just Finna ask what's the best way to get accurate rosters as of week one for Franchise Mode

There isnt one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #22
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Well I tried again with some different settings and at least got some better results. The guys cut were Sherels, Stephen, and a couple others. At least Thielen and Johnson stayed. Basically it seems you have to get lucky to not have guys get cut.

Here are the League Settings I used that I believe are the most important when I just did it this last time. Give it a try.

Trade Type: Disabled (re-enable it once you get to the first game of the regular season if you want)

Pre-existing Injury: Off

Practice Squad Stealing: Off (Can be switched to on when season starts if you want)

Fill Roster: I left it On. Maybe this slider is opposite at the moment but nonetheless I left it on and I had 0 changes to my roster

All the other User Team Help sliders I left off
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-12-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #23
Rookie

SaltLakeBrave's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Can't EA just put some real work into CFM logic and allow for pre-season to work properly?

See, this is the biggest issue with most Madden features and the reason for all the features that get taken out.
1. EA implements a feature
2. The feature is filled with bugs
3. EA gets notified by the community through various channels
4. The keep on claiming they test thoroughly (doubtful)
5. Yet it is not fixed
6. Players get fed up, and either a) stop playing the mode or b) stop using the feature or c) ask for the feature to be removed
7. EA removes or leaves the feature untouched claiming their telemetry shows users don't use the feature
8. Repeat (endlessly)

And there you have it, the CFM feature life-cycle

Edit:
Just to finish venting, since I don't want to play CFM anymore as the CPU keeps cutting players from my team even if everything is set to manual.

The biggest philosophical problem with EA's way of doing things is they like to build houses on top of swamps.

They keep "developing" stuff for CFM even though the foundation is broken. To give you a clear example, the CPU has been doing this auto-cuts thing for 2 or 3 years now, and nothing has been done; this year they come out with a new feature "big decisions" (LOLOLOL) which to the core implies development around the process of cutting players, and yet this bug goes without a fix. How is it they test the mode? You don't need to play 30 minutes to find this bug :/

Also, it seems they come up with an idea and run with it, no more thinking involved... Big decisions, you can bring a player early from injury!!!! But... There is no decision to be made actually, unless your backup is a 50OVR player (which doesn't happen because rookie classes were also messed up to start with), there is no real reason to bring a player one week early since their attributes take such big hits. How can a player be one week away from returning from an injury if his speed is -15, and throw power is -12??? That seems like a dude 4 or 5 weeks away from returning; how about a -4 or -5 max hit to playing attributes and a -15 hit to injury? nah that would be too logical.

To conclude, I think we all can agree CFM is not where it needs to be, and at this pace it will hardly ever be. The user has to invest hours upon hours to simply prevent the CPU from ruining the mode; and that's without going into the flawed AI team management for CPU controlled teams.

I am having the exact same problem. I have everything set to manual, and the damn cpu keeps cutting my players. This has never happened to me in past Madden's before. I hope that it is a bug that can be fixed or I will not be playing the game at all this year. Damn good thing that I received Madden 17 for free.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #24
Rookie

Aweb20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I did use pre-existing injuries and haven't put them on IR yet. How did you get back those four though? I haven't seen them in FA or on another team.
Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner. I couldn't find them either, so I restarted and through a lot of loopholes ended up keeping who was meant to be kept. I had to move guys to the practice squad that shouldn't be there and then later take them off. I ended up getting it to work though. The reason the CPU randomly cuts your players is because the number they tell you to cut down to doesn't always seem right, so instead of notifying you that you need to cut another player, they just do it for you. Its really a terrible system and needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »