Home

WR animation issue since patch?

This is a discussion on WR animation issue since patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP
 
Unlucky 13's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Virginia
WR animation issue since patch?

I've noticed an issue with WR animations since installing the latest patch. On a 3rd or 4th down, when I run a crossing route where the WR is being trailed by a defender, he'll dive for the catch and lay down to be easily tackled, no matter the amount of seperation he has, and no matter where the first down line is. They now make absolutely no effort to get YAC or the first down, and its made that route in that situation (a long time favorite of mine) useless. Plays that might have resulted in a big gain and/or a TD on 1st or 2nd down simply end where the ball lands now on 3rd and 4th.
__________________
Anyone who claims to be a fan of two teams in the same pro sport is actually a fan of none.
Unlucky 13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
MVP
 
Brooke2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

Try and hit the RAC button to force him to run and not make a possession catch.
Brooke2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

You can also try turning possession catch trait off if you dont user catch and see if that helps.
timhere1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
MVP
 
edaddy's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Jamaica, Queens
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

I am also noticing a whole lot less PI and defensive holding calls since the patch as well as the ball bouncing ridculously high when the play gets broken up...
__________________
THANKS FOR THE TRADE SANDIEGO KEEP RIVERS WE'LL TAKE ELI
edaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Phenom
 
seasprite's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 8,995
Blog Entries: 1
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I am also noticing a whole lot less PI and defensive holding calls since the patch as well as the ball bouncing ridculously high when the play gets broken up...
Funny you mention lack of PI calls. Last night I was playing a CFM league game against a user. It's a no switch league and in the 4th quarter he threw a deep pass to his receiver that was overthrown because my CB held him some. PI was called, so I know that the penalties are still there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
__________________






seasprite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
MVP
 
edaddy's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Jamaica, Queens
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Funny you mention lack of PI calls. Last night I was playing a CFM league game against a user. It's a no switch league and in the 4th quarter he threw a deep pass to his receiver that was overthrown because my CB held him some. PI was called, so I know that the penalties are still there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
They are still there but it is happening at a smaller rate since the patch IMO ..I have the PI and Def holders jacked up all the way as well..I also have noticed that when they are called it has been mostly in the 4th quarter..
__________________
THANKS FOR THE TRADE SANDIEGO KEEP RIVERS WE'LL TAKE ELI
edaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I've noticed an issue with WR animations since installing the latest patch. On a 3rd or 4th down, when I run a crossing route where the WR is being trailed by a defender, he'll dive for the catch and lay down to be easily tackled, no matter the amount of seperation he has, and no matter where the first down line is. They now make absolutely no effort to get YAC or the first down, and its made that route in that situation (a long time favorite of mine) useless. Plays that might have resulted in a big gain and/or a TD on 1st or 2nd down simply end where the ball lands now on 3rd and 4th.
I have noticed this; before the patch I believe the default catch type was a RAC, but after the patch it appears EA/Tib has changed it to an automatic Possession catch on those routes, thus requiring the user to press the RAC button to change it; possibly EA's way of cooling down the effects of drag routes?
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
MVP
 
Unlucky 13's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Virginia
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have noticed this; before the patch I believe the default catch type was a RAC, but after the patch it appears EA/Tib has changed it to an automatic Possession catch on those routes, thus requiring the user to press the RAC button to change it; possibly EA's way of cooling down the effects of drag routes?
I had no idea there even was a RAC button. I almost never user catch. Any idea what that is on the PS4? Drag routes are my foundation.
__________________
Anyone who claims to be a fan of two teams in the same pro sport is actually a fan of none.
Unlucky 13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.

Top -