Home

WR animation issue since patch?

This is a discussion on WR animation issue since patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
WR animation issue since patch?

I've noticed an issue with WR animations since installing the latest patch. On a 3rd or 4th down, when I run a crossing route where the WR is being trailed by a defender, he'll dive for the catch and lay down to be easily tackled, no matter the amount of seperation he has, and no matter where the first down line is. They now make absolutely no effort to get YAC or the first down, and its made that route in that situation (a long time favorite of mine) useless. Plays that might have resulted in a big gain and/or a TD on 1st or 2nd down simply end where the ball lands now on 3rd and 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WR animation issue since patch?

Try and hit the RAC button to force him to run and not make a possession catch.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

You can also try turning possession catch trait off if you dont user catch and see if that helps.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

I am also noticing a whole lot less PI and defensive holding calls since the patch as well as the ball bouncing ridculously high when the play gets broken up...
Old 09-12-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I am also noticing a whole lot less PI and defensive holding calls since the patch as well as the ball bouncing ridculously high when the play gets broken up...
Funny you mention lack of PI calls. Last night I was playing a CFM league game against a user. It's a no switch league and in the 4th quarter he threw a deep pass to his receiver that was overthrown because my CB held him some. PI was called, so I know that the penalties are still there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Funny you mention lack of PI calls. Last night I was playing a CFM league game against a user. It's a no switch league and in the 4th quarter he threw a deep pass to his receiver that was overthrown because my CB held him some. PI was called, so I know that the penalties are still there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
They are still there but it is happening at a smaller rate since the patch IMO ..I have the PI and Def holders jacked up all the way as well..I also have noticed that when they are called it has been mostly in the 4th quarter..
Old 09-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I've noticed an issue with WR animations since installing the latest patch. On a 3rd or 4th down, when I run a crossing route where the WR is being trailed by a defender, he'll dive for the catch and lay down to be easily tackled, no matter the amount of seperation he has, and no matter where the first down line is. They now make absolutely no effort to get YAC or the first down, and its made that route in that situation (a long time favorite of mine) useless. Plays that might have resulted in a big gain and/or a TD on 1st or 2nd down simply end where the ball lands now on 3rd and 4th.
I have noticed this; before the patch I believe the default catch type was a RAC, but after the patch it appears EA/Tib has changed it to an automatic Possession catch on those routes, thus requiring the user to press the RAC button to change it; possibly EA's way of cooling down the effects of drag routes?
Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have noticed this; before the patch I believe the default catch type was a RAC, but after the patch it appears EA/Tib has changed it to an automatic Possession catch on those routes, thus requiring the user to press the RAC button to change it; possibly EA's way of cooling down the effects of drag routes?
I had no idea there even was a RAC button. I almost never user catch. Any idea what that is on the PS4? Drag routes are my foundation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »