Home

In Celebration of All the Madden Players That Will Never Exist

This is a discussion on In Celebration of All the Madden Players That Will Never Exist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 02:32 AM   #17
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In Celebration of All the Madden Players That Will Never Exist

Last year I had a CB named Adonis Rock. He got drafted by the Saints though. I loved that name.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #18
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
My favorite EA sports generated guy was a WR/DB hybrid in NCAA Football named Frank Powell (see my profile picture). He turned my Wyoming program into an elite program, playing both sides of the ball. Oh also, he could play QB. Eventually he lead me to the National Championship where he returned a punt for a touchdown making it a one score game with 1 minute to go. I ended up winning on a national championship winning hail mary to defeat Texas who went on to become my arch rivals after I joined the BIG12.

The legend of Frank Powell aka 'Boom Boom Powell' went on for 4 years as he collected countless awards and accolades. I ended up renaming the stadium to Frank Powell Memorial Stadium and retired his number. After sending the draft class over to Madden he had a decent NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. 20 Years later, my Wyoming team is still a powerhouse and in the midst of the greatest NCAA Football dynasty of all time - and it all started thanks to him.

I've never had a guy in Madden have anywhere near the same effect on a franchise as Frank Powell. And I don't think any generated recruit or draft pick will ever mean the same to me as he did. He was the embodiment of the word 'Legend'.

What NCAA game was that? 12? 13? 14?
Old 09-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #19
Rookie

This is my favorite thing about Madden and was my favorite thing on NCAA. I always sim the first season and look for rookies or freshmen that'd be fun to build my team around.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #20
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

This is awesome, reminds me of an ATH I recruited in NCAA 14 to Iowa State, my only 4 star in my first recruiting class, Ron Upshaw. He had the skills to play Safety, Receiver, Half Back and QB. Ultimately I made him QB, where he was Nick Marshall-like. 3 All-American 1st team selections, a heisman, 2 Maxwell Awards , 2 O'Brien's, a national championship and the beginning of an amazing dynasty.

I would've love to bring him over to Madden, even though his passing attributes weren't great. Change him to a safety or a wideout and watch his career play out in full, even if he was a bust. I hope the NCAA games can come back.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #21
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Not as good as the days when we could control a player for 4 years in college, watch how his college career played out, then draft him in Madden and see if the Heisman winner could make it in the NFL. Now we have to just imagine, because there's no NCAA to play. It really takes a lot of the fun away not having that chance to control a player's entire career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #22
Just started!

This is a dope read
Old 09-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #23
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

My first and thus favorite fictional player I've come up with is QB Baby Snoots. He's a combination of Michael Vick's 4.3 speed and Tom Brady's accuracy with the arm of Matthew Stafford.

I've made him in every Madden since Madden 09 and he just dominates the league lol and I'll be making him again in 17 once I make the first few real life draft classes.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #24
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
My favorite EA sports generated guy was a WR/DB hybrid in NCAA Football named Frank Powell (see my profile picture). He turned my Wyoming program into an elite program, playing both sides of the ball. Oh also, he could play QB. Eventually he lead me to the National Championship where he returned a punt for a touchdown making it a one score game with 1 minute to go. I ended up winning on a national championship winning hail mary to defeat Texas who went on to become my arch rivals after I joined the BIG12.

The legend of Frank Powell aka 'Boom Boom Powell' went on for 4 years as he collected countless awards and accolades. I ended up renaming the stadium to Frank Powell Memorial Stadium and retired his number. After sending the draft class over to Madden he had a decent NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. 20 Years later, my Wyoming team is still a powerhouse and in the midst of the greatest NCAA Football dynasty of all time - and it all started thanks to him.

I've never had a guy in Madden have anywhere near the same effect on a franchise as Frank Powell. And I don't think any generated recruit or draft pick will ever mean the same to me as he did. He was the embodiment of the word 'Legend'.

I love reading stories like this.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »