Home

Pass Coverage glitch: Anyone else seeing this?

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage glitch: Anyone else seeing this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #57
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Coverage glitch: Anyone else seeing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe
Thanks for the link bro. Thats will be useful for game planning.

However at the same time, nothing in the post explained a player with zone responsibility (this is key) abandoning the zone to play man coverage all the way across the field. If I missed this explanation please provide me with this knowledge and I will stand corrected. Thanks.
Pattern Matching : http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...g-pass-defense
Old 09-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #58
Rookie

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Also:

https://www.twitch.tv/easports/v/84129843

At 5 hours 28 minutes Anthony White starts talking, and he breaks down pattern matching (as in, when a zone assignment turns into Man), and the new zones in this year's Madden.
Thanks bro I just watched. Now I see I can avoid it by not picking a match play. Match play leaving too many holes for me.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:12 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I watched the vid by BCruise. Thanks for the help. I know how I can avoid that situation now. You guys are the real MVP.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Someone who is more knowledgeable can answer for certain, but a defender is not supposed to do that in pattern matching coverage.

What is supposed to happen is he passes off the crosser to the lb, and he waits for the shallow crosser (the one that got the ball).

The idea being that you dont want defenders trying to run across the field with receivers.better to wait for them to come to you
Old 09-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Someone who is more knowledgeable can answer for certain, but a defender is not supposed to do that in pattern matching coverage.

What is supposed to happen is he passes off the crosser to the lb, and he waits for the shallow crosser (the one that got the ball).

The idea being that you dont want defenders trying to run across the field with receivers.better to wait for them to come to you
I'm not fond of that feature, dont think it works as its suppose too so im just going to go old school and avoid those pattern matching plays. I dont need to be exposing my D like that. As demonstrates in my vid it hurts rather then helped my defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #62
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Okay I watched your vid with the zones, those defenders are playing it right. Read what their zone says. "Seam Flat" meaning their first responsibility is the seam so the LB carries his man as he goes vertical.

Like wise the CB has a "Soft Squat" meaning he is going to play soft coverage (carry deep) over his flat assignment. Ideally this coverage is built to stop hitch routes, but it will cover deeper.

If you want that flat protected you need to put someone into a hard flat zone. Either by using a hotroute on a LB or DB, or by using the global DB audible for underneath coverage.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Okay I watched your vid with the zones, those defenders are playing it right. Read what their zone says. "Seam Flat" meaning their first responsibility is the seam so the LB carries his man as he goes vertical.

Like wise the CB has a "Soft Squat" meaning he is going to play soft coverage (carry deep) over his flat assignment. Ideally this coverage is built to stop hitch routes, but it will cover deeper.

If you want that flat protected you need to put someone into a hard flat zone. Either by using a hotroute on a LB or DB, or by using the global DB audible for underneath coverage.
Correct. Thanks bro. Did not realize they had pattern match techniques applied to playcalls that were not identified as a match play. Rather than the play call, now I look at the zone. Leaves a bit of scrambling pre-play, but managable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »