Home

Horrible draft

This is a discussion on Horrible draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #17
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Horrible draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21

- simply fewer good players
thee are still too many good players in the draft. i'd cut the number coming out with a 70 OVR (and above) by 15% (ish).
An extensive XP test was done and is in the "Sliders" sub-thread. The user did several tests to find a good placement on the XP slider for each position to create a regular rotation of players who develop into the various tiers of talent. The big factor is typically the development trait, which is not usually at Superstar or Quick status. My point being, I don't think the focus should be on the rating that college players bring to year-1 of their NFL careers. A few years down the road in your CFM, those guys will be differentiated significantly. And if we're being honest, guys rated in the 70's aren't hitting the field with superstar talent either. They may rate highly in a couple attributes, but they lack many of the mental attributes (AWR) to truly excel on an All-Pro level.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorKingdom
Only if we had a new NCAA game I could put those drafts into this game. I can't wait until EA gets NCAA back.
EA isn't getting back NCAA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #19
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Got a draft where only two positions had any sort of good depth to them, and there was a run on those positions early (of course), so I ended up with a lot of "reach" grades. Most of the guys I drafted ended up playing pretty well, though. In that draft, there was only 1 QB projected in the first round, which was nice because the previous draft produced a QB who won the MVP his rookie year and was at 99ovr in his sophomore season.

I like the random chance of getting a bad class. Throws a wrench in the tried and true "I'll just cut the veterans and sign rookies" plan. It's not enough, but it's good to have.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:39 AM   #20
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Yep, just started year 4 and that draft was full of guys that weren't going to last in the league.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #21
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I just had a draft that had an absolutely horrible CB class. All were ranked 3rd round or worse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I just had a draft that had an absolutely horrible CB class. All were ranked 3rd round or worse

My currently draft class with no good QBs also has no good CBs haha. In fact, it's pretty bare everywhere. First one I've done that's 2013 (I think) draft class bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
An extensive XP test was done and is in the "Sliders" sub-thread. The user did several tests to find a good placement on the XP slider for each position to create a regular rotation of players who develop into the various tiers of talent. The big factor is typically the development trait, which is not usually at Superstar or Quick status. My point being, I don't think the focus should be on the rating that college players bring to year-1 of their NFL careers. A few years down the road in your CFM, those guys will be differentiated significantly. And if we're being honest, guys rated in the 70's aren't hitting the field with superstar talent either. They may rate highly in a couple attributes, but they lack many of the mental attributes (AWR) to truly excel on an All-Pro level.
good info but i've found that with the DEV trait changing as the game goes on, a 78 OVR QB normal development has as good a shot of becoming excelling as a 72 OVR QB with superstar development.

for instance, NYG took a normal developed QB and two years on he has superstar development rating his OVR from 78 when he came out to 87 now.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #24
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

In the 10th year of my CFM I've seen most of the drafts so far have great first round talent and total garbage second round talent. I'll have mostly green diamond players in the first but the second will feature almost all red diamond players. Then in the 3rd round, back to the mostly green diamond players. Seems very odd to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »