Home

Horrible draft

This is a discussion on Horrible draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Horrible draft

I think the draft classes were fine as they were tbh. It seems like a knee jerk reaction to something a few people were complaining about. Considering not downloading any more patches and just playing offline franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #26
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
I think the draft classes were fine as they were tbh. It seems like a knee jerk reaction to something a few people were complaining about. Considering not downloading any more patches and just playing offline franchise.
Yeah depending on what's actually fixed in the next patch I may not download. Classes were fine before, I feel like they're gonna be nerfed too far. Unless they fix QB scrambling idk if I'll download.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
In the 10th year of my CFM I've seen most of the drafts so far have great first round talent and total garbage second round talent. I'll have mostly green diamond players in the first but the second will feature almost all red diamond players. Then in the 3rd round, back to the mostly green diamond players. Seems very odd to me.
i've not seen this but also, i'd say that is kinda realistic. most drafts are top heavy and then the difference between the 20th payers and the 45th player is not much.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:59 AM   #28
Rookie

Good thing there is player editing. That's all i'm going to say. Not a fan of these terrible draft classes. That's not realistic to me. Seriously only one like 10 players worth drafting in 7 rounds? Naw. Y'all can keep that.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #29
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I said all along that the problem all along wasn't the draft classes it was that the default draft class (2016 rookies, Wentz/Goff/etc) was rated too low. Even with the classes that shipped with the game you had to bump up the XP in order to keep the league populated with good players by year 10. For Guards and Centers the XP had to be amped up 300% (max). Now that the Guards and Centers are even lower rated those positions will be filled with garbage players by year 10.

See Tdauggs XP slider post for more on that.

The new, lower rated, classes will have no chance of producing decent players in 10 years.

We need the default, day one classes back. Shame on all the myopic people for making a big deal about the default classes being too strong and not realizing the problem was he default (2016 class) roster.

Last edited by mavfan21; 09-17-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #30
Pro

You guys all love making it so easy to rebuild and draft players.

The classes were too good.... As a whole there were way too many mid and upper 70s.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
You guys all love making it so easy to rebuild and draft players.

The classes were too good.... As a whole there were way too many mid and upper 70s.
I love having the cpu being able to field a competitive team in franchise.

Maybe the 'its not sim' guys needed more of an advatage against the cpu, because if their draft logic was screwed before you can pretty much kiss it goodbye when there's only 12 worthwhile players in any given class.

Who gives a crap what their OVR was? That means teams have to pay them more money after their rookie contracts are up, and not much else. Have fun with that exciting FA period 15 years down the track that features a 62 ovr punter as its coveted jewel, cause teams are gonna have buckets of cash to spend when their chouces are garbage and slightly faster garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #32
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
I love having the cpu being able to field a competitive team in franchise.
oh dont worry they are still able to. you may need the right xp slider set but i can assure you they can build competitive teams. as someone whos done several 10+ year simulations both pre and post draft class tuner - i've seen some ridiculously good teams. the xp spending by the cpu is so much improved this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »