Home

Cpu defensive play calling must be broken.

This is a discussion on Cpu defensive play calling must be broken. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu defensive play calling must be broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
You can assign generic PBs to the CPU w/o using the 2nd controller trick. Generics seem to improve the CPU gameplanning on offense and defense.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html
I would argue is makes the defensive playcalling worse. In my Colts CFM the first game versus the Lions I tried this. Moving the Lions to a generic 4-3 and they called way more cover 1 and press coverages which got burnt easily. I'm thinking that keeping the team defensive playbook, but editing out the press coverages for now until it gets patched.

The offensive playbook change to generic made a world of difference though. No more 4 verts on 3rd and long.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #50
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

The multiple D PB is not bad all for the CPU.
We really just need the same situational gameplanning on Defense, like we do on Offense.
Until then, Custom Defenses may be the best route!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

One thing that I do that makes Madden 17 overall an all around more enjoyable experience is, in play now and in my offline CFM, I'll control both teams so I can call the plays but only play on offense, while letting the CPU play defense. Havent had more fun playing a sports game since I've started doing this. Not only does it allow me to keep the playcalling realistic, but because I'm technically playing PvP instead of against the CPU, it fixes alot of the AI gameplay issues as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler2Hester
One thing that I do that makes Madden 17 overall an all around more enjoyable experience is, in play now and in my offline CFM, I'll control both teams so I can call the plays but only play on offense, while letting the CPU play defense. Havent had more fun playing a sports game since I've started doing this. Not only does it allow me to keep the playcalling realistic, but because I'm technically playing PvP instead of against the CPU, it fixes alot of the AI gameplay issues as well.
This is exactly how I play my offline 32-team control CFM, it was much easier to do until M12 but whatevs.... I also control front office for every team and just try to make every team as good as possible while following a "gameplan" for each team.

It might seem like a weird way to play, but it is definitely the only way I can get fun out of a sports game; I do the same with MyLeague in NBA 2K and Franchise in MLB the Show, so this is not a "Madden thing".

AI will never be at the level of a human for this type of game, so going in and "helping" every team if the only way to do it; now if only the CPU AI wouldn't override my decisions (with everything set to manual/off) and keep cutting/franchising/re-signing players without my permission :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »