Home

Year to year saves???

This is a discussion on Year to year saves??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #9
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Year to year saves???

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Because you can't revamp the mode while keeping the same save from old game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeah the show franchise has totally stagnated over the last few years. Still a good mode tho. Honesty year to year saves aren't even a big deal for me.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #10
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I want them. I realize week 1 rosters were only out last week, but im only 2 feanchise games deep. I mean hopefully i have 90-100 minutes to play tonight before the house settles down enough to concentrate, and im still awake enough.

Bottom line is, if you have a good thing going, it'd be great to continue instead of restarting the entire story line.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I would have to respectfully disagree.

I think year to year saves are a MUST for sports games now. (Seems like this was always there in older titles?). I guess I am just at an age where all the time setting up a franchise is not what I enjoy as much as the year to year progression of that franchise. Be it Football, baseball, etc. I want to continue the story I began. Not create a new one each year. Without year to year saves, I may consider playing M17 again next year so I can enjoy my created world a little longer. That is just where I am in the Sports Video Game world.
I 100% Agree. I have been trying to get my voice heard for year to year saves and just can't find much info on it. it's cool to know that other Madden gamer feel the same exact way as myself. It would help sell more games as i would be more likely to buy Madden 18 if i could continue my franchise. How can we let EA know that we want this feature?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #12
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Hopefully not, the Show has really slowed the addition of features to Franchise and especially Rtts since the additon of yty saves. CFM needs more features
How did you come to this conclusion?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:36 PM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
How did you come to this conclusion?
Less large features have been added to the shows franchise and rtts since YtY saves. It's just not possible to add huge features while keeping old saves.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #14
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
the Show has really slowed the addition of features to Franchise and especially Rtts since the additon of yty saves. CFM needs more features
I won't play The Show after this year, I'm going back to Strat-o-Matic. Their statistics were so messed up. They are clueless about statistics, it's just an arcade game.

Back on topic. If Madden had YtY saves I would actually buy the latest edition. YtY would increase sales. Who wants to start over every year. I have a league going on its 8th year and I want to quit and start over? No.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 09-17-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #15
MVP

I was a status pro baseball guy myself. Had over twenty years of stats hand written. Even made the cards myself when they discontinued the game in 93. Played it whenever watching TV from 14 to 36 before I got a wife and kids. Now I have to sit on the couch and watch TV with the wife while doing nothing else and act like I like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Because you can't revamp the mode while keeping the same save from old game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I would have to respectfully disagree.

I think year to year saves are a MUST for sports games now. (Seems like this was always there in older titles?). I guess I am just at an age where all the time setting up a franchise is not what I enjoy as much as the year to year progression of that franchise. Be it Football, baseball, etc. I want to continue the story I began. Not create a new one each year. Without year to year saves, I may consider playing M17 again next year so I can enjoy my created world a little longer. That is just where I am in the Sports Video Game world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
I won't play The Show after this year, I'm going back to Strat-o-Matic. Their statistics were so messed up. They are clueless about statistics, it's just an arcade game.

Back on topic. If Madden had YtY saves I would actually buy the latest edition. YtY would increase sales. Who wants to start over every year. I have a league going on its 8th year and I want to quit and start over? No.
I AGREE. We really need to get EA to listen to what we want. Year to year saves. Any idea how we can get them to at least hear us out?
Also, Startomatic is awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »