Home

Year to year saves???

This is a discussion on Year to year saves??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Year to year saves???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I watched one the interviews with Clint and the topic came up. He said it could happen in the future, but he said it is not something that is widely asked for.

I with at least rosters could be exported to the next year. I create classic rosters and I would love to be able to simply download them into the next Madden game.
I saw that video too, was it the video that Sports Gamers Online did with Clint Oldenburg? I was so stoked when they asked the question if YTY saves would ever be in the Madden franchise. I have been trying to get that question answered by EA Sports for years now.

We should start a movement of Madden players that want this feature in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguysd1
I saw that video too, was it the video that Sports Gamers Online did with Clint Oldenburg? I was so stoked when they asked the question if YTY saves would ever be in the Madden franchise. I have been trying to get that question answered by EA Sports for years now.

We should start a movement of Madden players that want this feature in the game.
I think that was the video. I have so many interview videos I cannot keep them straight. It was either that one of Ryan Moody's interview. I was disappointed in Clint's answer though.

YTY saves is something that has been asked for in these forums for the last few years. It is not a huge request and something that EA should be able to implement quite easily.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #27
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Export - import rosters

Particularly for play now online vs a friend
And to export cfm rosters both to actual practice mode/play now (scrimmages) and ti the next year's game for cfm
Old 07-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #28
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
I think that was the video. I have so many interview videos I cannot keep them straight. It was either that one of Ryan Moody's interview. I was disappointed in Clint's answer though.

YTY saves is something that has been asked for in these forums for the last few years. It is not a huge request and something that EA should be able to implement quite easily.

Could a Y2Y advocate explain how I integrate rookies into the game with Y2Y saves?

After reading this thread I do see some value in exporting my coaching staff to a new CFM. (Which hopefully some day will include assistant coaches etc)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Could a Y2Y advocate explain how I integrate rookies into the game with Y2Y saves?

After reading this thread I do see some value in exporting my coaching staff to a new CFM. (Which hopefully some day will include assistant coaches etc)
It would be no different than it is now in CFM. That is if we are talking about CFM. So lets say you own M17 and play five seasons. You have gone through the drafts and free agency each season. Now M18 is about to come out and you would simply import your CFM from M17 to M18, picking up right where you left off just like it was M17. The difference is now you would have the M18 features as well.

Now if you are asking about real life rookies joining you, they would not. You would need to start a new CFM. But that makes sense because you are years ahead of the real life season. Adding in the current players would not make any sense.

Y2Y saves simply let you keep your progress from one Madden to the next so you do not have to start over. from year one again.

Now for me personally, what I want is to simply be able to carry over roster and playbook saves. I make classic rosters and I hate that I cannot take the rosters I made this year and import them into next year's madden. So, if I want to play with that same roster, I either have to keep playing the current Madden or redo a lot of hours worth of work.

For instance, I have rosters for 1975, 1989, and 1993 for Madden 17. I do not want to even think about the number of hours I spent creating those rosters. Anyway, I also created several playbooks for those seasons. I would love to simply be able to load those into Madden 18, but no!

As a result, there are several classic and legends roster makers who refuse to do rosters now. I myself and considering skipping M18 and continuing to play M17. I have not made up my mind yet, I am waiting on some actual game play info before making a final decision there. But in any case, I would not think twice about M18 if I could import my rosters.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #30
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
It would be no different than it is now in CFM. That is if we are talking about CFM. So lets say you own M17 and play five seasons. You have gone through the drafts and free agency each season. Now M18 is about to come out and you would simply import your CFM from M17 to M18, picking up right where you left off just like it was M17. The difference is now you would have the M18 features as well.

Now if you are asking about real life rookies joining you, they would not. You would need to start a new CFM. But that makes sense because you are years ahead of the real life season. Adding in the current players would not make any sense.

Y2Y saves simply let you keep your progress from one Madden to the next so you do not have to start over. from year one again.

Now for me personally, what I want is to simply be able to carry over roster and playbook saves. I make classic rosters and I hate that I cannot take the rosters I made this year and import them into next year's madden. So, if I want to play with that same roster, I either have to keep playing the current Madden or redo a lot of hours worth of work.

For instance, I have rosters for 1975, 1989, and 1993 for Madden 17. I do not want to even think about the number of hours I spent creating those rosters. Anyway, I also created several playbooks for those seasons. I would love to simply be able to load those into Madden 18, but no!

As a result, there are several classic and legends roster makers who refuse to do rosters now. I myself and considering skipping M18 and continuing to play M17. I have not made up my mind yet, I am waiting on some actual game play info before making a final decision there. But in any case, I would not think twice about M18 if I could import my rosters.

How would you (read: EA) reconcile new additions or features for imported players who do not have a corresponding stat or trait?

The closest thing to this I can think of is the old NCAA draft class import to madden. The adjustments to NCAA player ratings once they were imported to madden.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
How would you (read: EA) reconcile new additions or features for imported players who do not have a corresponding stat or trait?

The closest thing to this I can think of is the old NCAA draft class import to madden. The adjustments to NCAA player ratings once they were imported to madden.
In the event that EA decided to add a new rating or trait, that would have to be something that would need worked out. It would depend on what was added and the effect on gameplay. For instance, say that EA added a personality trait, that current does not exist. EA would have to develop some system to provide a trait to those players from the save, and make it something the user can edit. I can not say exactly what system they would use. Perhaps they simply give all existing players (from the Y2Y save) the base line trait and then let the user edit as they see fit.

Your point is potentially an issue, but one that I think could be overcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
In the event that EA decided to add a new rating or trait, that would have to be something that would need worked out. It would depend on what was added and the effect on gameplay. For instance, say that EA added a personality trait, that current does not exist. EA would have to develop some system to provide a trait to those players from the save, and make it something the user can edit. I can not say exactly what system they would use. Perhaps they simply give all existing players (from the Y2Y save) the base line trait and then let the user edit as they see fit.

Your point is potentially an issue, but one that I think could be overcome.
Exactly. All they would have to do is load new trait fields for 18 that did not exist in 17 with a standard default value of 50 let's say. Then the users could edit them to whatever they wanted. It's standard file export for db stuff...but they don't seem interested in Y2Y saves. Technically, it is not difficult. A db2 programmer could map out the fields, etc in a day or two.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »