Home

Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

This is a discussion on Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 10:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Yeah contract system should definitely improve. That goes for every sports game tho. No game really gets negotiation down.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
2K's is great. A player might sign for less money if it's a good team but will take significantly more to play for a bad team. If his contract his up and he doesn't feel like it's a perfect situation, he might explore free agency unless you make him an extremely enticing offer. There are some players that simply won't sign at all if you have done something in the past they didn't like (traded, didn't renew contract, etc.).
Old 09-16-2016, 03:56 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 2

The only problem I have is it is so final. When it comes to contract time in the NFL no player says absolutely no to the first offer and ends it on the spot. Even players that don't want to play for you will still consider your offer and make or demand a counter offer. That is my only issue; I understand that some players don't want to stay and the reasons why. Basically the game gives you one shot at it. I offered Crowell 100k less than he was asking because he was having a bad year. The first offer he locked me out.

What I am saying is the game should have at least had him say, Increase the offer or the year, or the bonus. It should at least give you a couple of opportunities kind of like the MLB the show. I make an offer and the CPU says I want more money, let’s talk, anything, then after a couple of tries if we can't make an agreement, Then lock it out, But one try just isn't cool. Again that is just my personal opinion. Kind of takes the excitement of reaching an agreement out of the game. Either give them what they want, over pay them the first time or lose them instantly if it isn't enough.

Maybe I'll just let the CPU handle it. It would probably do a much better job anyway. But thanks again for all the suggestions.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:31 AM   #11
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I have had no problem negotiating with players. I have only played one season so far, but I was able to negotiate if players didn't signed straight away. I didn't have anyone tell me they wanted to test FA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 06:46 AM   #12
Rookie

I've seen a good variety of negotiations. I'm in year two of my Rams franchise and I've had players ask for a higher salary, or a higher bonus. I've even low-balled a backup right guard and got him to re sign anyway.

I do agree that there are a lot of other determining factors in whether or not players want to resign.

The only player I've had completely turn me down has been Aaron Donald. At a solid 99 OVR in year two he asked for a six year, $100 million dollar contract. I offered, he declined. The next week I bumped it up to $110 million dollars total. No dice, he wants to test free agency.

He's gonna test a franchise tag instead. Sucka
Old 09-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #13
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

I'm in year three now. I have had guys who would negotiate for many weeks and I have had guys stop after one round. I have had a few take less that the fair value listed but most want more. Especially if they are good. It seems like the better you make your offers, the longer they are willing to negotiate. If you try and undercut them they cut it off pretty quick. But the lower end players will usually take less.

I also have had some that I offered the same amount two times and the second time they accepted. Like maybe closer to the end if they year they want to get a deal done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 AM   #14
Rookie

The number listed is not what the player wants, but is fair market value, which is what real GMs base their offers on.

Also, if you are struggling with signing a player, they seem to be more willing to resign for less in the offseason.

Also, has anyone had an issue with the CPU franchise tagging a good player you were going to let walk? Last night I had a younger player with upside behind Kevin Dodd and needed cap space so I didn't even negotiate. Advance to the next week and there's a storyline about me franchising him. I had to trade him to make sure I got any dead money off the books. All CPU assistance is off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #15
MVP

I just wish it would tell you what motivates each player and where you stand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:48 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I just wish it would tell you what motivates each player and where you stand.
This would be a great idea.

And what the other guy said, nba 2k16 seems to have done this pretty well. It gave different factors on the screens of them signing. And if you low balled, they would then give a new amount. You could try and convince them to stay another year to win a title, or that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I made negotiations actually feel like...negotiations

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »