Home

Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

This is a discussion on Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I've had negotiations, but it seems like you really have to negotiate during the season. If you wait until the end of the season to negotiate, it seems like they either accept or decline your offer with no negotiations. For the declines, I'm imagining that it's because theyr'e pissed that you never tried to give them a contract during the year, but I'm sure it's just a bug/limitation.

But, if you start negotiating during the season I had quite a few reject my initial contract, only to come agree to new terms later. And they give valuable feedback too... "THe contract length is good, but I want more of a bonus," and things like that.

This is part of the CBA from the hold out season:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/22/nfl-ro...t-negotiations

There have been a few changes since 2011, and some rookies have held out, but by and large, rookie contracts follow a template in the NFL now... Which is usually a good thing. The Raiders famously got conned by JaMarcus Russel and Darius Heyward-Bey, making them one of the highest paid QB+WR duos in the NFL in 2009, despite that Russell wasn't even starting. Russell's contract was comparable to Peyton Mannings in 2007/2008 in guaranteed money, even though Manning was coming off of a Super Bowl and arguably the best QB in the league.
That is by design dude. After the regular season you have one chance to resign players. If they don't agree they become FA.

This replicates the deadline for when players become free agents.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »