Home

Why is nobody talking about this?

This is a discussion on Why is nobody talking about this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why is nobody talking about this?

lol That videos confirms exactly what were talking about.

You have 98 yards of field to cover and you have 0 safties back? Wow...

You're begging to give up a 98 yard anything. No coach in the NFL or high school JV team is going to make that call.

The 'pursuit' was fine. Angles are created by the players positioning which correlates to the playcall. Players dont just magically fart out an angle to make a play. When you have every player lined up with 2 yards of the LOS what angles do you exactly expect them to capitalize on?

In that scenario you must must must have 2 safties back 100% of the time, there is just not even a question about that at all. If you get through with your base defense and get a safety, great. They still have the ball and are still a threat to score, your defensive call made no logical sense. Theres no way anyone can even defend that and say it was because of the ai. Please man, that is just ridonculous.

Last edited by wellred; 09-22-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
lol That videos confirms exactly what were talking about.

You have 98 yards of field to cover and you have 0 safties back? Wow...

You're begging to give up a 98 yard anything. No coach in the NFL or high school JV team is going to make that call.

The 'pursuit' was fine. Angles are created by the players positioning which correlates to the playcall. Players dont just magically fart out an angle to make a play. When you have every player lined up with 2 yards of the LOS what angles do you exactly expect them to capitalize on?
You know, the play call can be bad as well as the pursuit angles being wrong all at the same time, right? Your comment doesn't address his remarks on the pursuit angles.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
You know, the play call can be bad as well as the pursuit angles being wrong all at the same time, right? Your comment doesn't address his remarks on the pursuit angles.
I did address it. The way he positioned his players doesnt create any angles. It's either make the tackle or the 'angle' is 11 guys chasing the ball from behind. Hes fortunate to even have had 3 realistic chances to make a tackle, which he did but he messed that up also. With lesser defensive teams you wouldnt have even got that. There arent any concerns with the pursuit there. It was 100% on the player.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:38 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I did address it. The way he positioned his players doesnt create any angles. It's either make the tackle or the 'angle' is 11 guys chasing the ball from behind. Hes fortunate to even have had 3 realistic chances to make a tackle, which he did but he messed that up also. With lesser defensive teams you wouldnt have even got that. There arent any concerns with the pursuit there. It was 100% on the player.
Hmmm....looked like Coleman had an optimal angle to end the play until he decided to take an inexplicable inside track to the ball and rocket into the back of his own teammate instead of maintaining a bit of outside leverage to take down the ball carrier. Maintaining outside leverage is a big part of the pursuit problems with the LBs and S in the game and is the root cause of these big run anamollies.

That's just one example, I didn't watch the whole thing because that's really the only evidence you need right there. If you think there are "no concerns with the pursuit" after watching that, you need to seriously reevaluate what you think you know about football.

If you weren't so absorbed with trying to impress everyone with your delusional play calling acumen, perhaps you'd see it more clearly.

We can all agree/disagree with the risk/reward of the play call, but it does not excuse the inherent poor pursuit. It is simply not programmed correctly.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-22-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:50 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Hmmm....looked like Coleman had an optimal angle to end the play until he decided to take an inexplicable inside track to the ball and rocket into the back of his own teammate instead of maintaining a bit of outside leverage to take down the ball carrier. Maintaining outside leverage is a big part of the pursuit problems with the LBs and S in the game and is the root cause of these big run anamollies.

That's just one example, I didn't watch the whole thing because that's really the only evidence you need right there.

If you weren't so absorbed with trying to impress everyone with your delusional play calling acumen, perhaps you'd see it too.

We can all agree/disagree with the risk/reward of the play call, but it does not excuse the inherent poor pursuit. It is simply not programmed correctly.
If you actually watched the video, the user took control of the player who's responsible for containment on that play, and proceeded to not do his job. And if he had done his job as the cpu had him in position to do, the ball carrier wouldve been right where the safety "inexplicably" went to try to do his. I didnt need to watch the other three tackles he butchered to blame it all on the user, but I sure did.

Yeah you probably make playcalls like this all the time, get scalped and proceed to blame anything but yourself, and Im the delusional one.

Laffo, rightio son. Keep it up.

Last edited by wellred; 09-22-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
If you actually watched the video, the user took control of the player who's responsible for containment on that play, and proceeded to not do his job. I didnt need to watch the other three tackles he butchered to blame it all on the user, but I sure did.

Yeah you probably make playcalls like this all the time, get scalped and proceed to blame anything but yourself, and Im the delusional one.

Laffo, rightio son. Keep it up.
This is getting great. I assume because you used the phrase "son" you are an older person and are attempting to belittle my assessment on the assumption you are older and wiser. Ahh the anonymity of the inter webs lol.

Now, for the best part, try to watch the video again (if you can see through your cataracts) and note that the user is not controlling Coleman's angle to the ball. He only takes control of him later to try and salvage the play after he realizes Coleman was snuffed out of effectiveness by the AIs horrible pursuit angle and is stuck on the back of his teammate.

Now....keep digging "son".

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-22-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:15 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
This is getting great. I assume because you used the phrase "son" you are an older person and are attempting to belittle my assessment on the assumption you are older and wiser. Ahh the anonymity of the inter webs lol.

Now, for the best part, try to watch the video again (if you can see through your cataracts) and note that the user is not controlling Coleman's angle to the ball. He only takes control of him to try and salvage the play after he realizes Coleman was snuffed out of ffectiveness by the AIs horrible pursuit angle.

Now....keep digging "son".
I'm assuming that you make frequent playcalls like this and are resorting to personal attacks when people point out how stupid it is. That sounds like a personal problem m8.

If anything the ai is attempting to salvage some resemblence of sanity on this monumental cluster stuff of a play and miraculously gets him in position to make three tackles which he proceeds to stuff up.

Sorry, not trying to belittle you. Son is just a phrase of recognition of obvious genius we Australians use. I dont reckon you need much help belittling yourself at this stage in the game, youre doing a bang up job of playing the angsty teenager without my help.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
I'm assuming that you make frequent playcalls like this and are resorting to personal attacks when people point out how stupid it is. That sounds like a personal problem m8.

If anything the ai is attempting to salvage some resemblence of sanity on this monumental cluster stuff of a play and miraculously gets him in position to make three tackles which he proceeds to stuff up.

Sorry, not trying to belittle you. Son is just a phrase of recognition of obvious genius we Australians use. I dont reckon you need much help belittling yourself at this stage in the game, youre doing a bang up job of playing the angsty teenager without my help.
Are you familiar with the the phrase "can't see the forest for the trees" down under?

It plays out like this: You're so caught up in the play calling fluff you can't see the real issue at hand, and for that I am sorry for you. Is the play calling important? Sure it is, especially in the real world when you can expect your real players to attack the play using real football technique and fundamentals. In the Madden world, we don't have that luxury. We have to hope the AI doesn't nerf us.

It's all good mate. No hard feelings. Anyway, who am I to argue American football with an all knowing Aussie?

PS: since you didn't pick up what I was puttin down, my teen years are a distant memory. The irony was too priceless to pass up. Cheers!

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-22-2016 at 11:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »