Home

Player Development. Adding to OVR rating

This is a discussion on Player Development. Adding to OVR rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Development. Adding to OVR rating

Week 3 of franchise mode and I lost my QB. Playing a back up who I plan to start in another season or two, but is there a trick to getting his overall higher? am I better off raising lower ability numbers or adding traits? Do adding he traits help his overall? Any specific traits? Or should I jus save for now and upgrade his development from normal to quick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Player Development. Adding to OVR rating

traits dont effect overall. but player development is extremely important to get for a young player even the CPU values it highly and will usually spend points on that before anything else (at least with progression set to end of season)
Old 09-13-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pretty sure their overall rating (while pretty meaningless) is directly affected by the position specific ratings.

For QB, it would be throwing power, short accuracy, medium accuracy, deep accuracy, throw on the run, play action, and awareness.

I may be missing one but I haven't fired up my madden yet after work.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Traits affect how the players plays, mostly by CPU handling, but in some instances by User control (possession catch for toe tap catch etc). They do not affect player OVR.

Player Dev does not affect player OVR other than the rate of XP accumulation but it does increase the value of a player (in trades for instance).

In Play Now roster, the OVR is weighted directly to different attributes (i.e. play action is % weighted less than throw power).

In CFM, the OVR is weighted differently to the Physical, Intangible and Durability ratings (they are in M17, but they have annoyingly been moved to the end of the attribute lists). In CFM OVR is also affected by player schemes. That is why OVR changes from the Play Now roster into the CFM roster despite the attributes remaining the same.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:04 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
traits dont effect overall. but player development is extremely important to get for a young player even the CPU values it highly and will usually spend points on that before anything else (at least with progression set to end of season)
That's why I use 4week CPU progression, whilst the CPU logic is much improved in M17 compared to the "end of year" car crash that was M16, I don't want the CPU dumping points into Dev (which I feel should be earned dynamically this year) or into expensive physical traits. Players practice and gain experience which sharpens their instincts (AWR, PRC, BCV etc) not makes them faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
That's why I use 4week CPU progression, whilst the CPU logic is much improved in M17 compared to the "end of year" car crash that was M16, I don't want the CPU dumping points into Dev (which I feel should be earned dynamically this year) or into expensive physical traits. Players practice and gain experience which sharpens their instincts (AWR, PRC, BCV etc) not makes them faster.
I've tested this a while ago and never seen the CPU increase guys physical ratings even with it set to end of season. They dump the xp into development and then stuff like awareness, coverage, tackling etc. I didn't see players getting faster or stronger.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

i play coach mode. no qb on my roster has anything but ideal sense of pressure (cannot be developed) whether on roster or ps, i will get them predictable, conservative force throw, throw away. predictable if im going to sign them long term. i also make sure tgh and inj are 85+ each. all of which dont affect over much if at all (i have seen ovr go up when i increase dur stats). also if on practice then unlikely someone else will sign. if on roster i do awr next and get it to 75. i play west coast passing behind a power running game. until their pac is 75 i wont use play action in play selection. sac is next and as long as thp is 83 i can live with it as i increase mac next, but in stages sac/mac 75 then both 80 then 85. only reas on they survive is i have 10 oline on roster who are solid not exceptional.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
MVP

This is how I develop my players currently and am constantly changing it. Does not max overall but makes them what I want. They must meet the requirements of each tier before going to the next. Once they are working on max tier or reach 28 yo I get what i can.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...?usp=drive_web

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »