Home

Whats the signifigance of a 100 SCALE RATING system in Madden 17??

This is a discussion on Whats the signifigance of a 100 SCALE RATING system in Madden 17?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Whats the signifigance of a 100 SCALE RATING system in Madden 17??

I believe that most players are at a similar skill level when looking at purely abilities in real life. The biggest need to make the players play different isn't a wider variety of ratings, but they need a multitude of tendency sliders ala nba 2k.
Tendencies are a more realistic way to change the way players play and giving them a specific style. Not every player plays to there best skills; some big RBs should run ahead and truck people but they get cute and try to juke instead. Some little guys think they are tough guys that always try to bring the wood when they probably should just wrap up and hold on. With tendencies you can have players with identical "skills" but play completely different.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
I remember a fella last year who edited all the rosters for M16 and made a wider spread in the bell curve by having the lower tier players....well really low in ratings and it seemed to make a tremendous difference in the game play and diversity between players and performances in key ratings..

So I do think there is some merit in the actual numbers and ratings....I just really wonder why EA bunches them so close together which seems to stifle the very variety and dynamic gameplay that every seeks to achieve???
Sounds a bit like an "Attribute Parity" slider would do the same thing. The same way we have the speed parity slider, why not offer that for every attribute so that we can customize the differentiation of each skill?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
I remember a fella last year who edited all the rosters for M16 and made a wider spread in the bell curve by having the lower tier players....well really low in ratings and it seemed to make a tremendous difference in the game play and diversity between players and performances in key ratings..

So I do think there is some merit in the actual numbers and ratings....I just really wonder why EA bunches them so close together which seems to stifle the very variety and dynamic gameplay that every seeks to achieve???
What the numhers are is not in itself important. What is important s that the number makes him meet his physical attributes from the combine. If 99 speed makes the player run at a 4.35 speed and 72 strength means he is strong enough to do 18 reps that is what you are looking for(I just made up what equals what for an example). Just varying the numbers by extremes to create more diversity in players is a lost cause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In the past I would have agreed with this more, but this year, at least for me, the difference between 90 OVR players and 70 OVR players is huge. Michael Brockers might make one or two great plays a game for me, but Aaron Donald will make like 6 or 7 every game. My collection of 68 OVR to 80 OVR receivers struggle to get open every game.

I do agree wholeheartedly that the addition of more traits/tendencies would add a much needed increase in variety to the game. Exponentially more animations would be needed to really make it work well of course.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

I understand the original complaint. It's like when I have to rate a beer on a 1 to 5 scale but you have 0.25 increments! WHAT???

But for Madden as long as people get the general idea it's just a guide. There are so many other things to be ticked off about, this is not one of them.

Year to year saves?
Old 09-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #14
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
People get too caught up in the numbers. Who cares if 60 ovr is the lower end? As long as on the field there is a seperation of skill I don't care.
I think the whole point is that, a lot of times, we don't see that separation of skill on the field.. The original post is about bringing that separation of skill to life by widening the numbers. There would be far more obvious skill divisions of the full scale of options was used, instead of everyone in the game being at least "above average".
Old 09-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
I think the whole point is that, a lot of times, we don't see that separation of skill on the field.. The original post is about bringing that separation of skill to life by widening the numbers. There would be far more obvious skill divisions of the full scale of options was used, instead of everyone in the game being at least "above average".

Agreed.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Yes is exactly what I meant.....in fact, I'll take it a little further and say it was proven by one of the members of this forum last year, when he took a Madden 16 roster and edited each players actual ratings by widening the distribution bell curve of poor to excellent in the numbers.

What resulted was a much more organic game play on the field that actually triggered different things we didnt see much ....even animations.

It was such a positive impacting roster that EA designers actually took noticed and promised to incorporate this strategy for Madden 17.....but I just dont really see it implemented so I was asking about this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »