Home

Draft News story vs Draft board

This is a discussion on Draft News story vs Draft board within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #9
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft News story vs Draft board

Players will disappear on the board from time to time as they are not shown while they have an injury. This is very common to see if you read a news story that says they got hurt, they will basically not be on the board until draft day at this point.
This makes sense as you cannot really scout a guy who is on the sideline injured and not playing.

My assumption at this point is that several players actually have stories attached to them, however the game only chooses to tell some of them. So other actions may happen due to those stories even without the user knowing what is going on.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #10
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

The WR to CB thing also comes from the storylines (M15 maybe) were a guy would either play both or make the change for some silly reason. Unfortunately, they mostly came in at very low OVR simply because the player wasn't rated for the new position and were practically unusable due to earlier position changes being limited (no swapping between offense and defensive positions).

Seen this on WR to CB and also OT to DE. At least this year you can change them to their original position, or at least give them some ratings boost to give them a chance at making it at their new spot before game auto-deletes them for having such a poor OVR.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:25 AM   #11
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Saw something similar in my past draft.. Found a guard projected undrafted but scouted with the green diamond, had a huge combine and was top 5 in nearly everything. Thought I had a diamond in the rough, put him on my watch list and even wrote his name down as I always do for these types.

Nowhere to be found during the actual draft. Looked for a solid 10min at every offensive lineman position, couldn't find him. Went through every team after it was over, dude had totally vanished and retired or something.
Check UDFAs, he will be there most likely as it sounds like he was part of Group Y for when the scout-able players flip during the season. I had 2 fantastic looking ST safeties lined up to draft in Round 7. Nowhere to be found but were in FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 05:49 AM   #12
Rookie

I found that as well. Found a stud SS projected round 7 that was not on draft board. I assumed someone had picked him up but he was in the UDFA list. Strange
Old 09-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

thanks for the response atleast im not crazy. ill just have to check every position when i see things like this to find someone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »