Home

Your philosophies to building a winning team in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Your philosophies to building a winning team in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Your philosophies to building a winning team in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Good luck with that, good corners are tough to find this year.
really? i don't find that at all. now, you have to get them in the first couple of rounds, unless you are ok with zone CB, but they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aima_guru
I'll "moneyball" at RB, and, unless I get a franchise QB early, I'll go cheap for a guy with good SAC & MAC (even with noodle arms) and do just fine. I absolutely MUST have an accurate passer with the sliders I use or I'll throw every 3 yard drag route to a safety 30 yards downfield.
me too.

i have hyde as my HB right now (90 OVR) but he's 29yo and i'll move on from him next year. that'll leave my three late round HB to share the load and they'll be more than fine. i might extend one of them, but i'll just keep drafting power backs at the bottom of the draft to burn for a couple of season at a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm starting a 49er rebuild.

On offense, I'll definitely be looking for a new QB early (maybe two mid round guys to compete against each other). I'll keep Hyde for the time being (and maybe 1 extension), but I'll also be trying to draft a WR to convert for the speed/receiving back I like to use. I usually move my second power back to the FB slot. I'm still on the fence for my receivers, speed, jump, CIT. I probably won't be concentrating on speed as much early on. Vance will work at TE for a while, but I'll probably be grabbing a TE high within 3 drafts. I can spread the ball decently between 3 TEs.

I'll be going with a 3-4 base on defense. Buckner, Armstead, and Bowman will be sticking around for some time. Everyone else is going to be replaced. I'll be looking for size and speed for the secondary. Man and press for my corners, zone and high speed for my FS, and a heavy hitter at SS. I've had good luck converting MLBs on previous Maddens to SS, so I may try and do that again if I can't find a decent SS. My linebackers will be asked to do a lot. Blitz and cover with decent run support.

I'll throw in a mix of playing and slow simming. I've got a full slow sim chise going on, so this will be a little more easy going. First few seasons I plan on only playing offense and slow simming defense. I fee this may give me a more accurate win loss record for my teams ability (statswise, probably not).
Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
OL & pass rush.

once i have those, i'm flexible on the rest. sometimes i'll ground n pound it; sometimes i'll pass it.

but always OL & pass rush first.
This x3. Win in the trenches. After this big red zone type receivers. Qb does not matter that much though.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:03 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
I'm starting a 49er rebuild.

On offense, I'll definitely be looking for a new QB early (maybe two mid round guys to compete against each other). I'll keep Hyde for the time being (and maybe 1 extension), but I'll also be trying to draft a WR to convert for the speed/receiving back I like to use. I usually move my second power back to the FB slot. I'm still on the fence for my receivers, speed, jump, CIT. I probably won't be concentrating on speed as much early on. Vance will work at TE for a while, but I'll probably be grabbing a TE high within 3 drafts. I can spread the ball decently between 3 TEs.

I'll be going with a 3-4 base on defense. Buckner, Armstead, and Bowman will be sticking around for some time. Everyone else is going to be replaced. I'll be looking for size and speed for the secondary. Man and press for my corners, zone and high speed for my FS, and a heavy hitter at SS. I've had good luck converting MLBs on previous Maddens to SS, so I may try and do that again if I can't find a decent SS. My linebackers will be asked to do a lot. Blitz and cover with decent run support.

I'll throw in a mix of playing and slow simming. I've got a full slow sim chise going on, so this will be a little more easy going. First few seasons I plan on only playing offense and slow simming defense. I fee this may give me a more accurate win loss record for my teams ability (statswise, probably not).
no reason to get rid of lynch, reid or ward either. all in the 90s for me now. NT williams is also still good.

hyde is a beast in madden.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
This x3. Win in the trenches. After this big red zone type receivers. QB does not matter that much though.
generally, i prefer RZT WR also. have two in deandre smelter & a 6'5 stud i drafted in the first round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 05:20 AM   #46
Rookie

I'm starting a new Dolphins-franchise and i was wondering if you guys have any players you always trade for?

I tend to go for speed above all else on both sides of the ball and i'm looking for cheap players to trade for or get from FA, do you have any favorites you go for whenever starting out a franchise?

Starting a franchise with the Dolphins seems like a bit of daunting task because every position seems to be in need of an upgrade, but i guess that's a good thing too: might as well tear it down and build a new team and have some real fun.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #47
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

An offense based on the power run, mobile QB, good route runners with good release that can get 5-7 yds RAC for receivers, a tight end that can stretch the field, and a monster offensive line.

3-4 defense with decent zone corners, a right end that's good at plugging holes so my dog on the right side can get sacks or TFLs, and 2 quick MLBs that are great at reading plays.

A.K.A. The Niners in 2012
Old 09-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
no reason to get rid of lynch, reid or ward either. all in the 90s for me now. NT williams is also still good.

hyde is a beast in madden.
That's true. It all depends on the mighty dollar and how the drafts come out. Offense is definitely my main concern on the rebuild.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »