Home

Now that the "fresh paint" smell has worn off, sorry, but this commentary is BAD

This is a discussion on Now that the "fresh paint" smell has worn off, sorry, but this commentary is BAD within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 12:23 AM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Now that the "fresh paint" smell has worn off, sorry, but this commentary is BAD

MrPrice has already stated that he has brought several suggestions to the team regarding commentary that he thought would add to the immersion table. He also said in no way are the developers happy with the status quo that commentary is now at.

All we can do is wait and see what next year brings because I doubt a patch would be brought along to improve commentary for this year.

I think it's fine and true to say commentary is much better than previous years.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:28 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Now that the "fresh paint" smell has worn off, sorry, but this commentary is BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
MrPrice has already stated that he has brought several suggestions to the team regarding commentary that he thought would add to the immersion table. He also said in no way are the developers happy with the status quo that commentary is now at.

All we can do is wait and see what next year brings because I doubt a patch would be brought along to improve commentary for this year.

I think it's fine and true to say commentary is much better than previous years.
The bold....Madden in a nutshell
Old 09-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
The issue then becomes that it's pick and choose. We have the option to edit player names which is a complete game chsnger/must have feature for me. However there's no way they could program announcing to account for all possible named that people enter

If I'm picking one, I go with editing 10/10 times.
Fifa has dealt with that for years. Any player name in the game, and plenty of others, are available as commentary names for regen players and created players. No reason why Madden can't do the same.

I'm going to disagree with pretty much everyone and say that the commentary this year is a huge step down on where it was. The anecdotes have got so much older so much more quickly than the previous ones and there seems to be far few lines of commentary and certainly less variety. As someone else said I don't need to hear the same line about how every year his team are trying to trade away Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #76
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex Blue
Fifa has dealt with that for years. Any player name in the game, and plenty of others, are available as commentary names for regen players and created players. No reason why Madden can't do the same.

I'm going to disagree with pretty much everyone and say that the commentary this year is a huge step down on where it was. The anecdotes have got so much older so much more quickly than the previous ones and there seems to be far few lines of commentary and certainly less variety. As someone else said I don't need to hear the same line about how every year his team are trying to trade away Ryan Fitzpatrick.
It is absolutely asinine, blasphemous, disrespectful to say that the commentary is worse than what it was. I think you need to go play M16 again.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #77
Rookie

I respectfully disagree. It is the exact same engine, just different voices and a preponderance for filler that has become very irritating.

I think it is just the hundreds of hours we've all sunk into CFM the last few years which has made people crave anything new.

Last edited by Essex Blue; 09-21-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:52 AM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Nah, I will respectfully disagree too.

All of the previous years had stitched commentary where the announcers weren't in the same room or studio.

Gaudin and Davis were in the same studio and continue to go their on a weekly basis.

If people want to go back to Nantz and Simms, let's start petitions and tell EA all the time and resources spent on this commentary team was a waste and we demand stitched commentary returns.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #79
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
The bold....Madden in a nutshell
Perhaps we won't have to wait quite that long.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #80
Banned

Brightline's Arena

I guess it depends on what you expect. For me, if I am playing a game and the announcers start talking about how Min opened their stadium by beating the packers, that is awesome. I have played games for so long where commentary is frozen as of release date this I find this to just be awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »