Home

issues with players being cut when trying to start franchise

This is a discussion on issues with players being cut when trying to start franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
issues with players being cut when trying to start franchise

I am using the Bengals in Franchise, I have the latest rosters from EA. I have tried to start my franchise at week 1 bypassing the preseason. The problem is Pat Sims and Brandon Thompson are not on the opening day roster. So I tried to start my franchise in the preseason figuring I can choose who to cut to make sure they are on my opening day roster. I go through preseason, do the cuts necessary making sure those 2 are not cut and low and behold, week 1 roster it shows they have both been released. I never cut either play but somehow they still got released. I tried to go through this a few times and no matter what, they are released. This has to be some kind of glitch in the game? Or am I doing something wrong. please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: issues with players being cut when trying to start franchise

You can't start a franchise with accurate rosters, it isn't possible without hunting down all the players the CPU cut to free agent pool or cut and resigned to different teams. Even with cpu actions set to off, players will be cut, simply nothing you can do about it. It's why I want season mode brought back, or at least the ability to completely skip (without simming) the preseason, it's an absolute joke we are able to download accurate rosters complete with accurate depth charts, but by EA's own design cannot use them without a massive amount of time spent fixing what wasn't broken in the first place after the unavoidable roster butchering by the CPU. It's like spending hours cooking a meal for your family, serving it to them, and then spitting on each plate before anyone can take a bite for absolutely no reason. EA continues to get a pass on this issue for some reason.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 09-19-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Isn't that glitch related to injured reserve somehow?

Do you have pre-existing injuries turned on? Also do you have anyone on injured reserve?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I do have pre existing injuries on when I start. Neither Sims or Thompson are on IR.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus
I do have pre existing injuries on when I start. Neither Sims or Thompson are on IR.
I know they're not.

But I think there is a glitch where if you have guys on IR, the game views those IR guys as accounting towards your maximum roster when they should not. So the game thinks you're supposed to cut 2 more guys.

Do you happen to have 2 guys on IR? Maybe that's why the game is cutting 2 more guys on you...

I always turn pre-existing injuries off before starting the season because it seems to screw up so much other stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:21 AM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I know they're not.

But I think there is a glitch where if you have guys on IR, the game views those IR guys as accounting towards your maximum roster when they should not. So the game thinks you're supposed to cut 2 more guys.

Do you happen to have 2 guys on IR? Maybe that's why the game is cutting 2 more guys on you...

I always turn pre-existing injuries off before starting the season because it seems to screw up so much other stuff.

Yes indeedy, there is no perfect workaround and it's similar to the M16 IR bug. I've commented a few times on this and finally put something up here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-tips.html
Old 09-20-2016, 05:52 AM   #7
Rookie

ginix's Arena

Yeah, for whatever infuriating reason players on IR are counted against the 53 man active roster for the whole pre-season. This leads to the CPU cutting players on your team.

The really annoying part IMO is that it gives you absolutely no heads up that this happens, so half the time you're left wondering what the hell caused a player to be cut.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
Yeah, for whatever infuriating reason players on IR are counted against the 53 man active roster for the whole pre-season. This leads to the CPU cutting players on your team.

The really annoying part IMO is that it gives you absolutely no heads up that this happens, so half the time you're left wondering what the hell caused a player to be cut.
Ok so that's why this glitch never happens to me. I always turn pre existing injuries off so there never is anyone on my IR during the pre-season when I start a CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »