Home

Release rating overpowered?

This is a discussion on Release rating overpowered? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Release rating overpowered?

It seems to me that the release rating for wide receivers is way too powerful. For example, using Kelvin Benjamin, who has a 96 release, but only 86 speed, anytime I read press coverage with no safety help, just audible to a go route. Benjamin will burn the corner off the line almost every time.

This is also really powerful near the goaline. If defense is in a goaline defense, a slant will burn the defender EVERY time for an easy pitch and catch. All because of the high release rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: Release rating overpowered?

Yeah I feel like +7 release is an auto win, when it should be more like a slight edge. +30 should be more of an auto win imo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurie31
It seems to me that the release rating for wide receivers is way too powerful. For example, using Kelvin Benjamin, who has a 96 release, but only 86 speed, anytime I read press coverage with no safety help, just audible to a go route. Benjamin will burn the corner off the line almost every time.

This is also really powerful near the goaline. If defense is in a goaline defense, a slant will burn the defender EVERY time for an easy pitch and catch. All because of the high release rating.
I thought the same until I tried to throw a fly to Kelvin vs Dominique Rogers Cromartie and he picked me off twice...
Old 09-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurie31

Kelvin being the #1 WR lines up on the left, which makes the #2CB need to have a high enough press rating to disrupt the 96 release.

I see nothing wrong with release this year and it's the defense's fault for leaving someone with high release 1 on 1.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

I believe it is op because I've been using odell on my giants franchise and upgraded his release to max just to experiment, and whenever he has a go route its an automatic td. yes, hes one of the best wr's in the game, but still, since no db has a higher release, he's open every time, and its basically an auto td every time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:17 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

There was a thread about how CPU called too much Press and how was an easy TD because WR beat the CB even when they were elite. Maybe this is the main problem after all.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:45 AM   #7
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
Kelvin being the #1 WR lines up on the left, which makes the #2CB need to have a high enough press rating to disrupt the 96 release.

I see nothing wrong with release this year and it's the defense's fault for leaving someone with high release 1 on 1.
And that would be a valid response if the game had defensive assignments, man coverage double team x,y,z, slot plays, or at least something anything nearing user control over matchups...

However, the game does not feature anything resembling defensive intelligence - IE not being dumb like Seattle or the Redskins and allowing the offense to dictate the matchup to the defense...

...so your point is invalid

...and is further invalidated by EA's incredibly stupid and ignorant decision to leave "unbump-able" routes hard wired into the game coding - as if such a thing were an actuality in the NFL...
Old 09-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

An idea would be to decrease your Pass Block slider, then a leaky O-line won't give you the time to wait for the separation on every go route?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »