Home

Is there a way to make zones play more aggressively?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to make zones play more aggressively? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a way to make zones play more aggressively?

According to the Skills Trainer, Over, Under, inside and outside, affects both M2M and zone coverages.

What I like to do is come out in Cover 3 Match...and as long as I'm facing an even offense set, I stay in Cover 3 Match; if it is uneven, I audible to either Cover 2 Man Under, and Shade inside, or I audible to Cover 3 Mable.

In cover 3 Match I like to pinch and crash the DL.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-20-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
If you have a scrub defending Jones, you DESERVE to get beat! Expecting a cap player to shut down a stud wr because you entered an adjustment should NEVER work by itself. Change your scheme to avoid that or bring the heat to keep your opponent from finding it, but bad play calling that leaves bad players on good ones SHOULD hurt....

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
It is unavoidable to have a scrub cover Jones at times.

He never said he expected him to shut him down.

Based on this post unless you have a defense where everyone is at least an 85 overall every play call is a bad call.

You were way to quick on pulling out the ol coach lecture card here.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
According to the Skills Trainer, Over, Under, inside and outside, affects both M2M and zone coverages.

What I like to do is come out in Cover 3 Match...and as long as I'm facing an even offense set, I stay in Cover 3 Match; if it is uneven, I audible to either Cover 2 Man Under, and Shade inside, or I audible to Cover 3 Mable.

In cover 3 Match I like to pinch and crash the DL.
I'll take another look at the skills trainer, thanks for the heads up on that. Begs the question though, especially for zone - if the adjustment does affect the whole defense, then why did they choose to only change play art for the outside zones?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 12:21 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'll take another look at the skills trainer, thanks for the heads up on that. Begs the question though, especially for zone - if the adjustment does affect the whole defense, then why did they choose to only change play art for the outside zones?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I'm not sure they only effect the "outside" zones. I visibly noticed a difference because I regularly ask my defenders to play underneath zones in cover 2 on 3rd down. Of course, that exposes the deep middle, but I do notice they do not give the cushion in zone that they do with no adjustment.

As for the man defense, I have not noticed significant effect of calling these adjustments, though I haven't called them heavily in man. I have asked defenders to shade inside when I blitz the middle, yet still get beat by a yard on a slant. I have asked them to shade outside as well, only for the defender to get beat similarly on an out route on 3rd down. Now that it's been brought up I'll try to observe this more personally.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Rex via twitter:

I'm interested in whether he replies to that latest question too. Will take his word over what the in-game description says. Tossed in a question of my own regarding Man.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-21-2016 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »