Home

Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 03:07 PM   #25
Rookie

jbrock11's Arena

OVR: 0
This is the first Madden I actually bought since 2012 and it must have been really terrible these past couple of years for people to say this is the "best Madden ever" to me it was one of the worst as far as the franchise mode is concerned. The menu is just completely useless. Can't even see your teams record on the main page. Have to go searching through miles of menus just to find some content that wasn't even worth the time looking for it in the first place. I literally spent maybe 3-4 hours playing this and had to quit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 03:25 PM   #26
Rookie

Despite all of that can we just get the dang Companion App already for our online franchises?
Old 09-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #27
MVP

Re: Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM

The first two I think are already in the pipeline and it's more of a when than if.

The injury thing is something I have spoke to multiple developers about and it's much more complex than you'd think. It will be a substantial investment and it tends to be a tough sell when allocating development time (which is a finite resource). I think we will get it, but not sure when and how exactly it would work.

When I spoke with Jon he mentioned wanting to expand the roles of coordinators and such, but didn't want to half bake. I think when we see this added it will be an in depth experience, so expect this one to be a back of the box feature in the next Madden or two.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:46 PM   #28
MVP

Thanks for your article Mike. Good ideas. In my humble opinion, the Play Call Screen needs a complete overhaul. Imagine my disappointment when I actually took the time to implement a game plan with my custom playbook, only to see I was allowed a mere 6 Strategy Picks. Madden 12 had it right regarding this feature. So much emphasis was placed on gameplan this year. However, it was very poorly implemented, which is disappointing since they got so much else right.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #29
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
No clue what player stats were in previous years.
if you go to a players card you can select to view previous years stats
Old 09-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #30
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
if you go to a players card you can select to view previous years stats
Thanks. No clue how I forgot about that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #31
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

I would like to see offensive and defensive coordinators in the game as well as QB, RB, WR, D-line, LB, secondary, and special teams coaches in the game. It would be cool to have their ratings fluctuate from their performance and see promotions and firings over a course of multiple CFM seasons. For example, New England's offensive coordinator leads a top 5 offense for 3 seasons in a row. The Titans fire their head coach and hire New England's offensive coordinator to replace him and he brings a lot of concepts on offense that he used with the Patriots. You would then see maybe the Patriots promote their WR coach to take over their offensive coordinator duties. You would see a lot of shuffling with new coaches hiring former assistants they worked alongside at their previous stops, etc.

Also, I think all head coaches, coordinators, and assistant coaches should be able to be edited. A perfect example is New England's generic head coach in Madden 17. You should be able to edit his name and appearance to match real-life coach Bill Belichick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #32
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

I love all five of those in the topic. I'd add these:

1) Allow us to turn off salary cap in roster edit
2) Fully editable and movable coaches and coordinators: let me edit them, and switch coaches from team to team.
3) NO MORE XP: I want a better, more realistic progression/regression system

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »