Home

Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI!

This is a discussion on Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #33
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
That's not what happens tho. The CPU roster management is solid this year. They resign their stars, fill their needs in the draft for the most part. It's not easy to get a super team this year.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
See now I didn't know that because I always use 32 team control, but judging by the way the CPU handled things in 16 plus the horror stories of AI roster management in 17 I assumed the franchise AI was just as bad as it always has been.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #34
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
See now I didn't know that because I always use 32 team control, but judging by the way the CPU handled things in 16 plus the horror stories of AI roster management in 17 I assumed the franchise AI was just as bad as it always has been.
Oh no it's a lot better this year. Hard to get superstars, also really hard to develop guys into superstars.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Nah its way too unrealistic. If a team makes a stupid decision, let it be. Don't plug their needs for them.
Quote:
But what happens if you do that though? You build a dominant super team in 3-4 years and make going to the Super Bowl look easy while the rest of the league is trotting out journeyman QB's and other retreads and keeping their young players on the bench simply because their overall isn't high enough.

Letting the CPU run the other 31 teams into the ground may be fine for you, but for the guys like the OP that want a challenge, this is a good and realistic fix.
Quote:
That's not what happens tho. The CPU roster management is solid this year. They resign their stars, fill their needs in the draft for the most part. It's not easy to get a super team this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh no it's a lot better this year. Hard to get superstars, also really hard to develop guys into superstars.
i've seen the following occur:

CLE draft three QB in the first two rounds.

LA & PHI draft a QB in the second round (both of their first picks) of 2017, a year after taking goff & wentz - both of whom played well.

LA took LT three consecutive years even when the first two they took were superstar development.

NYG took two QB in the first round despite having 87 OVR eli. ok, take one but not two.

MIN took three consecutive HB despite having AP & having traded for the first HB of the previous draft who was 80 OVR with quick dev.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #36
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
i've seen the following occur:

CLE draft three QB in the first two rounds.

LA & PHI draft a QB in the second round (both of their first picks) of 2017, a year after taking goff & wentz - both of whom played well.

LA took LT three consecutive years even when the first two they took were superstar development.

NYG took two QB in the first round despite having 87 OVR eli. ok, take one but not two.

MIN took three consecutive HB despite having AP & having traded for the first HB of the previous draft who was 80 OVR with quick dev.
Well I haven't seen anything that egregious. Worst I've seen is Indy take 3 backs.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #37
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

So the CPU drafted a QB for Baltimore in the 2017 draft with the 5th pick...what? Flacco is still playing at a high level and has a huge contract. The DESPERATELY needed a WR but the CPU saw the high rated QB sitting at 5 and took him because there was only 1 QB (Flacco) on the roster.

That's stupid.

I was thinking of how to fix it (maybe create an owner and then trade him) when it occurred to me that I can turn that QB into the WR they needed. I went into player editing, changed his ratings and position and BOOM, Baltimore got the QB they needed. I also went and fixed the Browns pick (FS?!?!) to a QB.

Running a realistic 1 player CFM is a breeze thanks to player editing.
New England took a QB in the third round this year, with Garoppolo on the roster... Just saying...

Edit-Lol I thought you said fifth round. I was like what? Nah five overall is regarded. Unless he's a knce every ten year guy and Flacco is on a contract year and underperformed last season that is.

Like if a Cam Newton is there and Flacco threw 22 INTS amd is on a contract year for examlle.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-23-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #38
Rookie

Lol my first draft I did yesterday, the Browns had the 1st pick and the 9th pick

They picked a QB first and then a QB 9th and guess what? They picked a QB at 33 LOL

come on Madden that would never happen, the thing is they had 3 QBs on the roster, they all were 74 or lower but come on man 3 QBs with their first 3 picks

edit:

Looks like im not the only person who had the Browns do something so dumb

Last edited by jmizzal; 09-23-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #39
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

The Ravens have 9 HB's on their roster right now.

The CPU still does some of the same stupid stuff it always has, as has been well documented on this thread.

Again, if you don't want to fix it, great! Play your way.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #40
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzal
Lol my first draft I did yesterday, the Browns had the 1st pick and the 9th pick

They picked a QB first and then a QB 9th and guess what? They picked a QB at 33 LOL

come on Madden that would never happen, the thing is they had 3 QBs on the roster, they all were 74 or lower but come on man 3 QBs with their first 3 picks

edit:

Looks like im not the only person who had the Browns do something so dumb
Well, it is the Browns, so maybe it's not all that far-fetched?
Indiana Pacers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »