Home

Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI!

This is a discussion on Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI!

I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

So the CPU drafted a QB for Baltimore in the 2017 draft with the 5th pick...what? Flacco is still playing at a high level and has a huge contract. The DESPERATELY needed a WR but the CPU saw the high rated QB sitting at 5 and took him because there was only 1 QB (Flacco) on the roster.

That's stupid.

I was thinking of how to fix it (maybe create an owner and then trade him) when it occurred to me that I can turn that QB into the WR they needed. I went into player editing, changed his ratings and position and BOOM, Baltimore got the QB they needed. I also went and fixed the Browns pick (FS?!?!) to a QB.

Running a realistic 1 player CFM is a breeze thanks to player editing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Easy fix for poor CPU Draft AI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

So the CPU drafted a QB for Baltimore in the 2017 draft with the 5th pick...what? Flacco is still playing at a high level and has a huge contract. The DESPERATELY needed a WR but the CPU saw the high rated QB sitting at 5 and took him because there was only 1 QB (Flacco) on the roster.

That's stupid.

I was thinking of how to fix it (maybe create an owner and then trade him) when it occurred to me that I can turn that QB into the WR they needed. I went into player editing, changed his ratings and position and BOOM, Baltimore got the QB they needed. I also went and fixed the Browns pick (FS?!?!) to a QB.

Running a realistic 1 player CFM is a breeze thanks to player editing.
"Easy fix". Also makes it unrealistic, teams shouldn't fill every need every draft.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
"Easy fix". Also makes it unrealistic, teams shouldn't fill every need every draft.

It may not be easy but it's a fix we couldn't have made last year.

And I don't think he's suggesting filling every teams every need each year, but we can at least fix the really egregious ones.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Joe Flacco would be turning 33 during the 2017 season, about the age when some Madden players retire so I don't see it being a far fetched idea that Baltimore would be drafting someone to replace him.

Also, a 5th pic means that their record was pretty bad so maybe they decided to move on from Flacco and have drafted his replacement.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah I dunno if I could do that in my franchise. While the cpu draft logic is awful, they're still getting a good player hopefully. Sometimes guys become useful to teams in the most unconventional ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682

Um, where did I say they would "fill every need every draft"?

I simply shared it's a good way to fix the first round brain farts the CPU has. It's a fix for a problem every sim/realistic CFM player has complained about for years. Just thought I'd share it.

Thanks for jumping to conclusions though bro.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
Yeah I dunno if I could do that in my franchise. While the cpu draft logic is awful, they're still getting a good player hopefully. Sometimes guys become useful to teams in the most unconventional ways.
The Ravens would never draft a QB with the 5th pick this spring. I can't pretend that's okay.

I had a draft where the 49ers took 3 QBs in a row, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round. That's just stupid.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Joe Flacco would be turning 33 during the 2017 season, about the age when some Madden players retire so I don't see it being a far fetched idea that Baltimore would be drafting someone to replace him.

Also, a 5th pic means that their record was pretty bad so maybe they decided to move on from Flacco and have drafted his replacement.
I thought about that but he was still at 84 OVR and was owed over 50 something million. Cutting or trading him would give them $30,000,000 in cap penalties.

So that convenient rationalization just doesn't work in 2017.

People would run 32 team franchises to avoid this kind of nonsense, I used to, but with player editing it's not necessary.

If you don't want to do it, cool, but I think there's some that would appreciate the idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »