Home

Lets make a list of CPU default playbooks that call a good game

This is a discussion on Lets make a list of CPU default playbooks that call a good game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 03:14 AM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Lets make a list of CPU default playbooks that call a good game

As most of you know, most of the playcalling by the CPU using default playbooks is pretty atrocious. 4 verts every 3rd and long, hb dives on 2nd and long, curl flats over and over and over...etc.

Like many of you, I'v been using generics for the CPU but they haven't been as aggressive as I like lately and calling many of the same plays and formations way too often. I'd like to find at least 6-7 different good default books based on their style and use those few to assign the CPU every game depending on what style of team I come up against for that week.

For example, Pats is a really good balanced book that calls a great game. If I came up against the cowboys that week, I'd assign them the pats book. If I came up against a running team like Tennessee, I could use Carolina as they call a great run heavy game. Please add your experiences to the list. This is what I have so far....

Patriots - I played jacksonville and assigned them this book and they really lit me up. The playcalling was very unpredictable and they mixed it up a ton. I was very impressed. Best default book i've used for the cpu. They took shots all over the field and kept it balanced with the run. Great for balanced teams like the cowboys, packers, pats, etc.

Panthers - This book works really well for a mobile qb and seems to call a nice running attack style game. Really good for teams that wanna have a run balanced type offense such as Tennessee, Minnesota, Carolina, etc.

Seahawks- Another nicely balanced book that has lots of plays for a mobile qb. This is a jack of all trades book. Can run it, pass it, sling it deep, whatever. Seems to call a good game by the CPU in my experiences.

Cowboys - Not as good as the top 3 from my experience, but a decent balanced book overall that calls an above average game for the cpu. I havent used it for the cpu in quite a while, but from what I remember the cpu called a pretty good game when I came up against this book a few different times.

Last edited by caseyj622; 09-21-2016 at 03:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 05:57 AM   #2
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lets make a list of CPU default playbooks that call a good game

Panthers and Seahawks seem pretty good. Imma play against NE and see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »