Home

Features you'd like to see pulled from other games

This is a discussion on Features you'd like to see pulled from other games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Features you'd like to see pulled from other games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2512
Why there isn't an option for "only coach"? I mean, just a management rule (without playing myself), but give instruction to the team during game, like a coach in real life and watch the game?
Coach mode exists in madden

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 07:08 AM   #18
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
Coach mode exists in madden

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Coach mode "sorta" exist. You still have to do the kicks and punts. Or SIM those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 08:00 AM   #19
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Coach mode "sorta" exist. You still have to do the kicks and punts. Or SIM those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure it exist ("sorta"??). But when i let the SIM do this, i can't give them instructions like play this or that... or not?
Old 09-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
- Ability to edit the entire draft class before the draft
- Downloadable draft classes

I would also take some things from two of my favorite text based sports games, OOTP and Football Manager, such as giving players a personality and having it affect contract signings, playing time, etc. and a bunch of other little things that those games have.

One HUGE thing that I don't think we'll ever see due to the amount of time and money it would take, but it would be awesome to replay any season with all of the correct teams and players a la OOTP.
I have never played football manager but having an interface like ootp would be great. Access to it on your phone would add so much to the experience. Shoud only have to be on game system to play the actual games.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #21
Rookie

FerNuff's Arena

Well, My league mode from 2K has a lot of customization, which is great. In case EA wants to take smaller steps, here are some things that would improve franchise mode significantly:

- Find a trade
- Create/Edit/import/Share draft classes: This feature would be sooo awesome
- Statistical tracking
- Assistant coaches. This was a great feature back in Madden 08, maybe a bit too complicated for casual gamers. That's why they eliminated it.

I think they did a great job this year making Franchise mode not feel like a bunch of friendly games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2512
Why there isn't an option for "only coach"? I mean, just a management rule (without playing myself), but give instruction to the team during game, like a coach in real life and watch the game?
Because there isn't demand to invest the hours into it. I loved the Head Coach games but there's a reason they only made two. Not enough market appeal.

You'll get plenty of people on OS talking about wanting coach mode. However, in the grand scheme of things it's an extreme minority of gamers who would actually play that type of mode without losing interest quickly.

The reason I found these forums was due to the HC series as this was the only site with in depth info on that game. Hence the reason you'll see coach mode threads on OS forums. All the people who want that mode are already here and it's too small a number for developers to really care about.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #23
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack4life69
Because there isn't demand to invest the hours into it. I loved the Head Coach games but there's a reason they only made two. Not enough market appeal.

You'll get plenty of people on OS talking about wanting coach mode. However, in the grand scheme of things it's an extreme minority of gamers who would actually play that type of mode without losing interest quickly.

The reason I found these forums was due to the HC series as this was the only site with in depth info on that game. Hence the reason you'll see coach mode threads on OS forums. All the people who want that mode are already here and it's too small a number for developers to really care about.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Yeah you got cats on here acting like coach mode is a huge demand. People got mad at me in some thread when I told em straight up, coach mode is so far down on EA's list of priorities. Like they're a minority within the minority that is the sim community.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 02:21 PM   #24
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I can see coach mode not being the most highly demanded feature, but the stats speak for themselves....

They need to put in/ invest a lot more time into franchise mode. I for one think they need to do a better job of differentiating player/ coach/ and owner mode. Additionally, they need to separate online and offline franchise and build to each others strengths.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »