Home

Features you'd like to see pulled from other games

This is a discussion on Features you'd like to see pulled from other games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Features you'd like to see pulled from other games

The ACE engine where the AI adapts not only during the game but during the season to what you and other teams do. I would love nothing.g more than to see the AI dou me my star WR to take him out of the game or stack the box to stop my run game. Adaptive AI baby!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm gonna keep it low-level: more control over game-day personnel deployment.

For example, basketball games dating back to the Sega Genesis allowed for creation of situational line-ups - a starting lineup, a bench lineup, a 3-point shooting lineup, a free-throw shooting lineup, etc. I'd like to see this "platoon" mentality adopted in how we manage personnel in football games. Let me define which defensive linemen play where in my Nickel package and base packages separately. Let me easily assign a different running back to use with 11 personnel and 21 personnel groups. Let me assign an X / Y / Z receiver per personnel group. Let me create a depth chart for each position in every personnel group, so if Terrance Williams gets injured the game doesn't automatically try to pull Cole Beasley out of the slot (with his higher RLS rating and greater height, I'd assign Brice Butler as Z2 instead).
Old 09-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #27
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

I can see coach mode not being the most highly demanded feature, but the stats speak for themselves....

They need to put in/ invest a lot more time into franchise mode. I for one think they need to do a better job of differentiating player/ coach/ and owner mode. Additionally, they need to separate online and offline franchise and build to each others strengths.
Well, there is a catch to "the stats speak for themselves" though... The OS community is primarily a SIM/Career mode type place, which is where that vote takes place. Sadly though, we hardly represent a majority of the madden community. In fact, the reason gamemodes like MUt get so much attention is because that is what a majority of players are playing, and where they make a majority of their money.

Alas, I do agree. I wish they would put more effort into franchise mode.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #28
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

I can see coach mode not being the most highly demanded feature, but the stats speak for themselves....

They need to put in/ invest a lot more time into franchise mode. I for one think they need to do a better job of differentiating player/ coach/ and owner mode. Additionally, they need to separate online and offline franchise and build to each others strengths.
Yeah, but again, OS is a minority. Most of the community plays MUT primarily. They definitely do need to keep improving on cfm, and I believe that they will.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #29
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The answer is sorta "yes" for both questions, wrt which mode is more popular.

If I recall correctly from the last person I asked, MUT has a higher number of total players but Franchise has a higher retention rate; the people who play Franchise play Madden for a greater length of time (speaking to a calendar, not average gameplay session length) than average MUT players. Thus, both modes are important to Madden for very different reasons.

This is one reason you see Franchise mode trying to become more accessible via UI components, Big Decisions, Play The Moments, etc. - to increase the total player count in a high-retention mode and create more year-round Madden players - and why you see MUT introducing more complicated mechanics like Chemistry and sets - to raise the skill ceiling of the mode beyond collecting the best cards and thus increase user retention.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 1

I really like the find a trade option in 2k. The new trading options in madden this year are a step up though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 06:32 PM   #31
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Can we get a offline season or franchise mode that we can jump in and play any game like "The Show"

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 0

"PEak start and Peak End" from 2K would be monumental in CFM.
Tendecies for quarterbacks at least to determine how the progress through their reads and how often they scramble

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »