Home

QB Fatigue and Scrambling out of the pocket

This is a discussion on QB Fatigue and Scrambling out of the pocket within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: QB Fatigue and Scrambling out of the pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I've thought a lot about this and I completely see you guys point and I too get annoyed at time and but I really think this is one issue where reality and how it's represented in a game will not completely match and here is why:

Why don't NFL QBs in reality run a lot?

Well, because it opens them up to a potential huge injury and they are often told by their coaches to try to look downfield and pass if they can, if no one is open then scramble but either slide or get out of bounds. Again to avoid injury.

In a video game we don't have the reality of injuring hanging over our heads that's comparable to real life. Sure in CFM you have to worry about your QB getting hurt but think of all the game modes in Madden, they cannot really make it adverse to run like QBs who are fast in the NFL can't run. Because if they did it'd unbalance the game, and in the past when they have tried to do so it has unbalanced the game.

Imagine if Tyrod Taylor or Marcus Mariota could play and be able to scramble without any fear of any injury and how many yards they would rack up and how it would change the game of football?

So while I completely see everyone's points, I think if you look at the big picture on this you will see it's one of thôse rare aspects of the game where the game must diverge from the reality of the NFL, at least a little bit anyways, in order to keep the video game balanced and playable.
I agree to a large extent. Also, it doesn't work in real life like the old video games. It is a lot harder to run the ball as a qb. In the playoffs they should be more aggresive, like elway and the helicopter td. You don't worry about injury in the super bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »