Home

Old 09-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshurtleff
I am just wondering if people are still seeing a crazy amount of fumbles since the patch to improve them and if it didn't affect franchises that were already in progress. I am playing as the Falcons and have 36 fumbles in 9 games. I have lost 20 of them and Matt Ryan has 18. Freeman has 6, Coleman has 4, Julio has 5 and Tamme has 2. It seems like they didn't tweak it enough. I would say maybe 7-8 of Ryan's fumbles have come while trying to throw which would make it my fault because of the physics of the game and strip sacks, but the other 10-11 of them were just being sacked, me scrambling or him just straight dropping the ball. Freeman fumbling also gets me mad because he isn't really known for fumbling. Is anyone else seeing a lot of fumbles? Any recommendations? My fumble setting was at 17 for 7 games and since I lowered it to 3 I had 6 fumbles against the Bucs and 4 in a little over half the game against the Eagles. This is ruining the game for me so I need some help or I will be putting Madden away early this year.
At least I'm not the only one. I'm on All-Pro and playing with default sliders and was finally able to play my second game of my CFM with the Bears the other day. I know Cutler is terrible and is even worse with ball security (INTs and fumbles) but he fumbled SEVEN times in that game, and of course SIX were recovered by the Eagles defense. Two were taken back for a TD. One of those was just scooped up and of course not a single one of my players could catch the fat d-lineman that picked it up. The other Cutler was in the process of throwing the ball and was hit and the ball just pooped up in the air and right into the hands of a d-lineman, who of course had nothing but green in front of him. SEVEN fumbles has to be a record, no? I think five were on sacks and two were when I tried to scramble for a few yards. One of those scrambles I tried to slide down but Cutler kind of dove instead and a defender barely breathed on him and he fumbled. Langford fumbled twice as well but one was overturned and he recovered his own fumble the other time.

If this is an every game thing it's just ridiculous.

Last edited by Twigg4075; 09-27-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

My first two seasons of offline cfm I felt the fumbles were ok, but there have been very few by me or the CPU my last two seasons. In response I cranked fumbles to 100 for the last season and didn't see near enough.

Glad to find in this thread that the fumble slider appears to be backwards... that would explain that. ****
Old 09-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #19
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

You fumble more when you try to throw late and get hit. It's user error, there's a reason they gave us the qb "give up"/ take sack animation this year. It's risk reward, if you try to throw late with pressure in your face you're gonna fumble. Is it the most realistic thing? Not really but it makes the game more challenging especially on all madden
Old 09-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
You fumble more when you try to throw late and get hit. It's user error, there's a reason they gave us the qb "give up"/ take sack animation this year. It's risk reward, if you try to throw late with pressure in your face you're gonna fumble. Is it the most realistic thing? Not really but it makes the game more challenging especially on all madden

I'm fine with that, but it shouldn't happen every single time. I mean, I saw Rodgers week 1 throw a 20 yd td strike to Davonte Adams in the absolute only place it could be thrown, with a guy hanging off of his arm. Qbs get hit and throw the ball away all the time.

If madden had a realistic timing system, I'd be more ok with it, however, I cannot get a ball off if there is a guy within 2 yards of me because he will start throwing and then either fumble, or tuck the ball because there is no such thing as a quick throw.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Before they tuned it, I was starting to get the hang of how early you needed to start your throw to avoid the sack fumble. After the tuning, I feel like the CPU actually got more of a benefit from the adjustment, as they hold on to the ball longer than I do now. You need to start that throw when the defender is still at least 4 or 5 yards away to be safe, any closer is a risk. Some people may think that you shouldn't have to allow for that big of a cushion, but IMO, it's a nice balancing mechanism for the birds-eye-view that we as Users have

Through 15 games in my current season, Goff has coughed it up around 4 times, and as team, I probably have around 8 fumbles, and forced around 11.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly1530
I'm fine with that, but it shouldn't happen every single time. I mean, I saw Rodgers week 1 throw a 20 yd td strike to Davonte Adams in the absolute only place it could be thrown, with a guy hanging off of his arm. Qbs get hit and throw the ball away all the time.

If madden had a realistic timing system, I'd be more ok with it, however, I cannot get a ball off if there is a guy within 2 yards of me because he will start throwing and then either fumble, or tuck the ball because there is no such thing as a quick throw.
This is exactly how I feel. The Bears o-line sucks so I have pressure in my face on most throws. Fumbling 7 times in one game is far from realistic. Why can't they just cause more errant throws instead of just causing fumbles to "make the game more challenging"?
Old 09-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 2

There not being a 'quick throw' is a legacy issue in that they have always got this wrong. For whatever reason, the Madden developers used a quick tap for a long throw and hold the button for a bullet/quick pass...

Which is actually the exact opposite of what you need fro a skill stick perspective. Tap should be a weak, fast pass. Anything that delivers power etc. should be a longer or two tap.

It's better now than it used to be... but I think it's still essentially backwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »