Home

Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Practice Squad Player Stolen!

Absolutely ridiculous you dont get a chance to match a contract offer at the very least, as is real life

Just call me Sanchez
Old 09-25-2016, 04:30 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

i have noone over 70 on my ps. i have 2 lolbers both with all traits except dev and clutch and loads of unused points who are 70 and age 22. they are back up for me olbers who will want stupid money next season. im surprised they havent been nicked. last ps player i had nicked was a 68 mlb ... before that a 63 qb.

o here is a hint dont improve their durability stats, inj/tgh/sta as it can increase their ovr and put them into another teams mind
Old 09-25-2016, 04:45 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

If I want to keep a player he's on my 53 man roster. PS is for guys I kinda like but wont lament losing. Its not meant to function as expanded storage, its for expanded development, so not seeing the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 04:54 AM   #12
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Absolutely ridiculous you dont get a chance to match a contract offer at the very least, as is real life
The team doesn't have the right to match an offer to a practice squad player. It's up to the player as to whether or not he informs the team that he received another offer.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:06 AM   #13
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
No such "chance to match a contract offer" in real life. Wrong category of player. Wrong sport. Yeah, sometimes whining gets "absolutely ridiculous."

Last edited by mlb61; 09-25-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:56 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

You dont think a practice squad player tells the team hes currently on he got a offer and gives them an opportunity to match. Thats outrageous

Just call me Sanchez
Old 09-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
You dont think a practice squad player tells the team hes currently on he got a offer and gives them an opportunity to match. Thats outrageous
No, because when he gets signed off the practice squad by another team, he is signed to that team's ACTIVE 53-man roster. Would you rather take your chances on the PS for a team that obviously didn't think you were good enough to make the team, and hope you MAYBE get a shot? Or take the guaranteed roster spot (and all the roster bonus money that comes with it) on another team?

And why would their old team want to match anyway? Unless they had a sudden glut of injuries at that position, he didn't make the team for a reason. And if there were a rash of injuries/depth issues at that position, they would have called him up off PS already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

You could just create that teams coach, and release the player and sign him to your team.

Edit. Missed where you said online.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »