Home

The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

This is a discussion on The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #49
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyBrown
We need to keep pressing the issue and bugging ea sports and they'll have no choice to give in and give us what we want .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
You don't think they are already working to get this thing released?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 10-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

Wishful thinking but No. I can see maybe for M18. When ea takes away a feature they don't usually bring it back or after years .Look up * extra point * feature they had. The Half game show was taken away and brought back and took like 2 cycles of madden. The extra point never came back.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyBrown
Wishful thinking but No. I can see maybe for M18. When ea takes away a feature they don't usually bring it back or after years .Look up * extra point * feature they had. The Half game show was taken away and brought back and took like 2 cycles of madden. The extra point never came back.

....It'll be out this Madden.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #52
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

If I was to guess, I'd say it'd be part of the big patch. Which leads to my question. When did that patch come out last year? I would think it will be any day now. Seeing as we are four weeks into regular season.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
If I was to guess, I'd say it'd be part of the big patch. Which leads to my question. When did that patch come out last year? I would think it will be any day now. Seeing as we are four weeks into regular season.
I expect the patch to be out before the App.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #54
Rookie

puba1978's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
It has been there since madden 12, so yeah, not sure how anyone doesnt understand why Online CFM guys expected it to still be there, since there was no word at all saying they were getting rid of the website. Sure those it dont effect , dont care, i get that. However , there are alot more people , than many give credit for, who play in online CFMs. Its a very important part of the mode for us. It has also helped the online CFM community grow larger than it was back in madden 10,11.It started with League Manager and XFN, both who stopped making their sites.Then DL came along , first as Madden Daddy, but then added MLB to their site and just changed name to Daddy Leagues.I myself would not have started running a league in madden 12, without those tools, as the same for many others.

So for the past half a decade, it has been a part of the mode.Just not a part the offline crowd cared about. As im sure making an app isnt something one can do overnight.Ea clearly has capable funds and talent to make one.They made an NBA Live entire game, made a full madden mobile app game,companion app for Battlefield as well where you can manage your loadouts and character from, as well as check out ALL of your stats.So its hard for people to believe making an app just for CFM took them all year to do.Which is why many feel like, they originally thought to can the website and didnt really plan to do an app until sometime later in development.When it should have been thought of and started when they planned to can the website.

To me , it again shows a lack of there full understanding of what an online 32 man league is really like for the commish's and users.I have to wonder how many of their GC and testers actually play ( and not just casually) in full 32 man leagues.I honestly think the number in % is rather low, and needs to be raised. Yeah they have added one or two things , like advance from web, for us over the time, but it just seems like a disconnection to us when the app wasnt made a priority for CFM at the start of this dev cycle for 17.

I do think they will get it out.Its just really slowing down alot of activity in these online leagues right now.Basically all we are doing right now is playing our games for the most part.This is the lowest amount of even talks of trades ive ever seen, and everyday my owners ask me, is the app out yet so we can use DaddyLeagues now? There is a reason for that, being asked in all these leagues.
This right here. Its really dragging the CFM's down man. I didnt and now the Commishes also, understand the importance of Daddyleagues until it was pulled away. Smh, these CFM's wont last as long as they are used to lasting with out DDL. Im sorry, nobody has faith in EA getting us this app out after taking it away so suddenly.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #55
Rookie

I'm in a 7 player Online Cfm League. I created a twitter account just for my online league added the owners and we use the ps4 share button to share stories line and than we use bbm channel and bbm group as a messenger to chat to everyone in the group. We also up load to YouTube highlights of the game. We use the site blog talk radio to have a voice for our league radio station. We did use daddy league which was an intricate part of our league just have to be more creative and manually do it myself as the commissioner. It would be a lot easier with the cfm website and if they brough back extra point weekly highlight for the week . We'd grab that using share play and broadcast it to our bbm group messenger or use group me. Too bad ea doesn't know how much we do behind the scenes to run an effective online multi player franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 9

Joining the chorus of echos here. A group of close friends and I have been doing online Madden/NCAA leagues for years, and while I don't care about most of the features of the site, the simple ability for owners to be able to tick that they're ready and the Commish to advance the week from anywhere is a huge gap.

We're all adults, we work all day and have different schedules, families, etc., and so even while the CFM website hadn't been improved for some 3 or 4 years, just the fact that we could use it to advance the week from anywhere was a major convenience. The lack of it this year is depressing. Our franchise is really stalled because it means someone has to basically sit around their console waiting for other players to finish. Having two commissioners has helped, but it's still not as convenient as just having the stripped down crappy, but barely functional, website.

I know that the website was terrible, but I would have liked it they maintained base features while working on something new. It's really inexcusable in software development to quietly shutter a major, popular feature, and then have virtually no road map for reimplementing it. Hell, expose an API and the many thousands of developers who play Madden would have had something reliably implemented by launch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »